Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick, Should it stay or should it go....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by flea claypool, Jan 17, 2006.

1. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    Ireland
    Ok......... :meh:
    as much as i hate to admit it i aint liking the 5strings at the moment... i have a corvette standard 5 in nirvana black and its one nice bass... but im really thinking about selling it and getting a Modulus VJ 4.... what ye all think of that???

PS. i plan on getting a Custom shop streamer 5 in 2years so that'll cover the 5 position.. and i dont really use the low B that much

2. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    I wasn't digging the fiver I had either. Just sell it, you can always get another if you'd like to start back with the low B again.

3. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    Ireland
    Reckon??

does anyone have opions of VJ4's im sure a mod had one til recently.. Kinda thinking american Jazz basses too...

4. Human Bass

Human Bass

Aug 26, 2005
    It is the main bass of Jeff Ament (pearl jam). From what i heard in the show i went, it is very strong in the lows and mid, even high notes sound fat

5. ducaticarl

ducaticarl

Oct 16, 2005
    There are 2 shops fairly close to me that sell Modulus and I recently tried a few different models. and I got to say that if I had the $ I would definately ditch my warwick for the Modulus..the graphite neck without the clearcoat finish is just awesome...it feels really nice when playing-very smooth and very fast. I wasn't overly impressed with the flea model though and as I said you should definately check out the nech without the clear finish on it....just my 2 cents

6. StarchMan

StarchMan

Jul 30, 2003
    I have a Warwick Streamer LX 4 and a Warwick Thumb Bolt-on 4....

I recently purchased a Modulus VJ with some custom options..5A top, better pre-amp, etc.

The bass literally smokes my Warwicks. Incredible sustain, quick and comfortable neck, beauty...DO IT

7. Yorkiebassist

Yorkiebassist

Dec 20, 2005
    Which sounds best? I find Modulus to bright for my tastes, but that's just me.

8. GSRLessard14

GSRLessard14 All-Things-Claypool Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2005
    Newington, CT
    I have a VJ4. It's a fantastic bass. I have a little trouble getting crunchy lowend out of it sometimes, but i'm sure it's nothing a little EQing couldn't solve.

Buy one.