Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Standard

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fbregy, Jun 20, 2002.

1. Fbregy

Fbregy

Apr 10, 2002
    Little Rock, AR
    Anyone have any experience with the Warwick stankdard? The one that lists for 1199. I cannot play one locally so cannot form my own opinion. I play lefty so ordering one and returning if I don't like is out of the question.

2. I have never played any Warwick.. But seems like you forgot to check the name of the model you're asking for. There is no such Warwick called just "standard"

for that price It's gotta be a Thumb bolt on, maybe, but I'm not sure. Check it out..

3. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    You mean the Corvette Standard? I've played both passive and active models of it, 4- and 6-strings respectively. I think they feel nice (although spacing on the 6 is kinda tight) and have a "pretty" kind of growl in its tone, but as pretty as it may be, it's also weak overall. It would probably turn out to be completely useless in any band setting I've been in (I've tried a friend's passive 4 once in a band and all I heard was treble...). I think that with another pair of pickups, it could kick some serious booty, but with stock electronics and pups, it's not my thing at all. Might be your thing, though.

Bottom line: MEC sucks. :p