1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Warwick Star Bass Pro 5 - Korean Made - Gold Top Beauty!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by swpyne, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    Strings:
    This is a 2011 Warwick Star Bass Pro 5 string. It is in excellent condition with only minor signs of having been played. The plating on the bridge pickup shows some wear but there are no dings, dents or scratches anywhere on the bass.

This is one of the original Korean built Star basses that were made prior to Warwick moving their production to China. There is no doubt that these are nicer instruments which were crafted with the original German made hardware found on the high end German Warwicks.

The setup and playability is excellent and the tone is big and broad with a nice defined midrange and treble that really cuts through. It's somewhat organic and woody but with real clarity and definition. Nothing like the old Gibson and Epiphone hollow body basses of yesteryear.

It has been slightly modified with a recessed Dunlop straplock button on the bottom and two regular straplock buttons (one on the upper horn and one at the base of the neck) which offer maximum flexibility as far as strap placement goes.

No issues, virtually mint and very beautiful. It will ship in a vintage style, form fitted, hard shell case (made by Gretch) that is brand new. I bought it because I didn't care for the ATA style cases that Warwick offers for these basses.

$1,100.00 obo shipped in the CONUS

These photos were taken by it's previous owner, I will post some new ones shortly!
    267456_f61714272222b58e69530eb1fc8ed0cc.
    PayPal welcome

As far as trades go I could use a nice American made P-Bass but I'm open to considering any 34" scale 4 or 5 string basses as long as they weigh less than 10 pounds. I am also open to trades +/- cash so if you have something to offer up don't be bashful!

Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  2. ThumbyAche

ThumbyAche Gold Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2005
    Pacific NW
    These basses sound so good! Gonna be hard to let go of mine. I love the pickups in these basses. Glws

3. swpyne

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    Bump with some additional photos!

Attached Files:

4. swpyne

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    Bump for a beautiful semi-acoustic 5 string bass!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.