Warwick Steamer Stage II

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by madmortar, Mar 7, 2006.

1. madmortar

Feb 1, 2006
    I saw that the bass player from Incubus and Limp Bizkit use a warwick steamer stage II. Whenever i see them play in videos or live it seems like the fret dots glow. I looked more into this and found out that warwick used mother of pearl inlays. Is it just light reflecting off the inlays or do they have some sort of LED? Thanks
  2. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    You got it. They're LED's. You'll see them around this site often.

3. Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    Sam Rivers has a custom chrome SSI with LEDs and the yin-yang inlays that inspired the Streamer CT. The Streamer CT is pretty much a chrome painted Streamer, but with no LEDs, no inlays, and a bolt-on neck. Simms is the company I usually see installed in Wicks, and it costs like eight or nine bills to have it done...
  4. madmortar

Feb 1, 2006
    So in other words if i buy mother of pearl inlays and put them on my guitar they will not glow? Does it reflect any light at all maybe causeing it to glow? or should i just wait till im rich and i can get LEDs
  5. the glowing has nothing to do with mother of pearl
  6. I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Sam Rivers of Limp Bizkit uses a Stage I not II and has LEDS in from Simms custom.Dirk Lance of Incubus uses a Stage II and has no Leds in any of his basses
  7. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Mark King, although he doesn't use Warwicks, is a big fan of LED's (I'm pretty dure SIMM's do his too) on his basses too. I've seen him play whole shows with them turned on (for instance, the Ohne Filter concert), which seems a bit much...

I've heard that the LED's that come with his Status basses can actually be so bright they can make it irritating to play!