Warwick + straplocks ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AllodoX, Feb 9, 2002.

1. I was wondering.. i played on a Streamer LX 5-stringer today.. real nice bass ! :D

but it has iron holes in it where the strapholder normally is..

so i'm wondering.. how the heck do you put straplocks on it ?
  2. rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    I believe that those ARE the straplocks... I seem to recall Dunlop strap locks fitting them...

3. dreadhead

Feb 1, 2002
    Well, Warwick basses have straplocks on them, but they are usually not mounted when they are in the shop.;)
    If you buy it, you'll find it in a little plastic envelope, in the case / bag.:D
  4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I'm GASsing very hard for a Streamer Stage I 5 (it has the lovely wide spacing I prefer) but I really hate inlaid (aka flush mount) Straploks. If you forget your strap, you'll be forced to play sitting down unless someone has a spare strap equipped with Dunlops. With dual-design (external) straplocks, you can use pretty much any borrowed strap.
  5. Keep an emergency set in your gig bag/case.
    The male ends are only $10 a pair.
  6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Where can you buy the male ends for Dunlops? I didn't know that they were available separately.
  7. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    They're mainly packaged for retail sale - there's a package of 6 buttons of each of the styles (Original, Dual Design, Flush Mount, Traditional), and a package of 24 of the Dual Design buttons. (I suppose the DD's sell better - that's what I use on all of my instruments).

$10 for a pair of male end? For a little more, you can get a full set at Musician's Friend.
  8. Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    i bought my Dunlop set for $10. you could just get the set and.... yeah.
  9. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    ...or, you can do like Seapickle did and use Liquid Nails... :eek: