Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

warwick straplocks

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Oct 15, 2002.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    I've got a 97 Corvette with recessed straplocks. The one on the upper horn slips. Got it replaced. Still slips. It isn't my strap - I use the same strap on my other basses and never have a problem. I've used diffferent straps, it's definitly the female end of the straplock that's giving me the problem - go figure :) . I believe it's the weight of the bass.

Any suggestions??? I'm beginning to feel hopeless out this situation. It's beautiful bass so I'm not eeling all that enthusiastic about duct taping it - I've seen some people do that.

HELP!!!!!!!!!

2. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    Joe if the female end on the Corvette is slightly wider or defective in any way then most male ends will slip in the Corvette and not in other basses.

Is there a standard size? Warwick might use a slightly larger dimension causing other sourced male connectors to slip. Have you used the oe Warwick male end?

3. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    gah, i have the same problem with both my warwicks.

my ss2 has recessed straplocks and the OE warwick pins, and i've had to play half a tune with the bass on my knee on more than a few occasions...

and my thumb, with dunlop dual-design straplocks and dunlop pins slips as well.

i guess they just wear out on the inside. i was planning on contacting warwick about replacing the female end...i'll let you know what they say.