Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick streamer 1/Jazzman

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Axel F, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Axel F

Axel F

Mar 2, 2005
    Loughborough, UK
    Just after some advice please, I've been after a Warwick for years now, and was going to get a Streamer Stage 1, but am now torn between that and the Jazzman. I'd be interested to hear from anyone who's played either (or both) as to any differences/benefits from one over the other. The Jazzman being bolt-on rather than through neck, in the UK the price isn't that different between the 2, is the build quality/part quality of the Jazzman the same/close to the stage 1? Which would people recommend? I play a wide range of styles from heavy rock to motown and funk to supporting acoustic singer/guitarists. Is the range of different tones from both equally as good? :help:
    Cheers in advance :),
    Axel

2. Axel F

Axel F

Mar 2, 2005
    Loughborough, UK
    Well thanks for all the advice guys, much appreciated. Noone on this site has ever played either of these basses for any period of time?... :eyebrow: Well I certainly know where to come for any helpful advice in future.

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    With that attitude, no one is going to help you. Thank you, you can leave now.

4. I own an FNA JazzMan (the 2002 LTD model to be exact). And it can nail possibly whatever tone you want. It's got a great active EQ, switchable to passive. The single jazz neck PU can get you a great vintage tone passive and active, very P-bass-ish. combine that with the MM humbucker in bridge position, with three different modes, and just imagine all the possible combinations.

5. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    +1

There is a LOT of help to be had here, but sadly, if you happen to post this when noone is on (Late/Early) then noones gonna see it...

What you do is say "Bump" and reply to your post, then it will move up and more people will see it giving you more answers etc...

Corvette FNA Jazzman imho is better.

Now go away and never return.