1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick Streamer 6 String!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by karandy29, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Hello guys, yesterday, a guy offered me an Used Warwick Streamer Stage I or II ( I forgot :p ) but it is 6 string, and because it is 6 string i have a big interest in it, and the best of it, that it is priced only for 1500$! But i havent try it, so i want to ask your opinion, what do you think about this bass? how does it sound? Thanks guys :)

2. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    If you say it's "Stage", then it's I, as the SSII is only available in 4 and 5.

The SSI is all-maple (except for the accent-lines), which makes it a bright, clear bass, with less growl, though it certainly has some of the trademark W growl.
    However, being all maple, it is a bit heavy. Definately try before you buy, also because of the neck shape, though on the higher-end Ws the necks are better.

3. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    I have a streamer LX 6 which is the bolt on/two band preamp version of that bass. That definitely sounds like a decent price for a Stage I (the II's don't come in 6's) 6er. They play/sound nice, but they are no joke HEAVEY! At the end of a four hour night I need a chiropractor. I'd jump on that if I was you.