Warwick Streamer 6 String!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by karandy29, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Hello guys, yesterday, a guy offered me an Used Warwick Streamer Stage I or II ( I forgot :p ) but it is 6 string, and because it is 6 string i have a big interest in it, and the best of it, that it is priced only for 1500$! But i havent try it, so i want to ask your opinion, what do you think about this bass? how does it sound? Thanks guys :)
  2. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    If you say it's "Stage", then it's I, as the SSII is only available in 4 and 5.

The SSI is all-maple (except for the accent-lines), which makes it a bright, clear bass, with less growl, though it certainly has some of the trademark W growl.
    However, being all maple, it is a bit heavy. Definately try before you buy, also because of the neck shape, though on the higher-end Ws the necks are better.
  3. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    I have a streamer LX 6 which is the bolt on/two band preamp version of that bass. That definitely sounds like a decent price for a Stage I (the II's don't come in 6's) 6er. They play/sound nice, but they are no joke HEAVEY! At the end of a four hour night I need a chiropractor. I'd jump on that if I was you.