Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Streamer Chocolate Stage II

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by freshmeat1989, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Does this bass exist? I've heard it thrown a very little bit, and think it could be amazing. If it is real what's the dillio? :)

When was it made?
    Anyone have/played one?
    Got any pictures?

2. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    ?

i'm not sure what your'e askin'...chocolate? made of a darker wood, maybe?

3. The Claude

The Claude

Jan 15, 2005
    Fairfield County, Connecticut
    Endorsing Artist: Warwick Basses, Lakland Basses, Genz Benz
    I think you might be thinking of P'Nut's SSII made from Bubinga. I've heard that bass referred to as "chocolate" before. Warwick will build one if you wanted it made of Bubinga or pretty much any other wood for that matter. I hope this helps.

4. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    The Chocolate bass is in reference to P-Nut's Streamer Stage II 5 string that he named the "Chocolate" bass because the Afzelia "browned" so much. I have a few buddies that have some of the older 92-96 Stage II's, and those basses from that vintage "browned" a whole lot more than the new Afzelia that they are using now, not to mention, the Afzelia that these guys had was much more orange from the start compared to the almost blond look now of the current Afzelia.

5. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    I'm pretty sure that P-Nut only has a Corvette Standard 5 and a Thumb Fretless 5 that are Bubinga basses. His Stage II's are all Afzelia.

6. The Claude

The Claude

Jan 15, 2005
    Fairfield County, Connecticut
    Endorsing Artist: Warwick Basses, Lakland Basses, Genz Benz
    I read an article years ago about P-Nut using a Bubinga SSII for some recording but it could very well have been a browned Afzelia that was just misrepresented. I too have seen this "browning" happen to SSII's.

:cool:

7. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    as usual im posting an uncommon warwick:

SSII cocobolo body:

[​IMG]

8. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL