Warwick Streamer Chrome Tone- blinding!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 5stringDNA, Aug 15, 2004.

What do you think of the new Streamer CT?

Poll closed Aug 29, 2004.
  1. Shiny chromed goodness!

30 vote(s)
  2. ACK! I'm blind! Get it away!

33 vote(s)
  3. I prefer chrome-plated carrots.

35 vote(s)
  1. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I have no idea how many people have actually seen this "unique" Streamer Warwick is cranking out this year, but what do you guys (and gals) think of it? Personally- I think it's hideous, but intriguing.

2. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    The Lord of all fingerprint magnets. :eek:
  3. I think warwick must of had a LOT of feedback regarding these basses before they brang it into full production.

Ive seen Sam Rivers from Limp Bizket play a Streamer Stage 1 - 5'er in this finish.

But i was a fan of the LX series, i dont they should have discontinued that line for the Chrome Tone stuff.

On a side note, i once jammed with a guitarist who had this finish.. he showed me pics of his guitar when he first got it.. it looked awesome, but at the time i saw the guitar which was only 2 years later.. it was scratched up really bad. I must say it looked terrible when dinged up.

Those are my thoughts :D
  4. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    this is exactly what I was thinking, and I thought my black SX was bad.
  5. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    I think that while it looks cool it would really be a pain in the @#$. I mean just imagine, between every song the lead singer would be kneeling in front of you checkin' out his "look" and fixin' his hair.

But what would it look like he was doing from the audience's perspective? :oops: ? :oops: ? :eek: :rollno: :scowl:
  6. Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Does it fog up in the shower?
  7. Markdezy

Jan 24, 2004
    Gimme some Alum-Foil and I'll make some for ya. :D

I think they'd have lots of pup noise for having that much metal around them. Maybe they'd even pick up some radio stations! :D
  8. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Sam Rivers had his made after he saw Stuart Zender's. Personally, they do nothing for me.
  9. rusty

Mar 29, 2004
  10. Ahh Mr. Zender.. i knew id seen another Chrome Warwick in the past somewhere..
  11. Stu's Awesome! It'd be interesting to get one just to pay tribute to him and the part he played in Jamiroquai.
  12. I ain't seen one of the latest Warwick CT's up close but I remember the Stu Zenders bass, it was finished by Martin Simms of Simms LED's and I remember hearing they put a lot of work into getting that finish to work at the time! I hope Warwick have got it right!
    Stu Zenders Bass also had green LED's, I think it may have been round the Deeper Underground era, hence the green stuff!

13. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    I think someone hashed this design up, they went to get tin foil, but the roll, fell off the shelf so it was all creased and 'naff' looking.
    The one Sam Rivers (is that his name, the bloke off Limp biscuit) has looks good though. It looks tacky i think. A awful imitation bass springs to mind... :rolleyes:
  14. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Does it come in blue? :smug:
  15. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    I like the finish, but the pickups and hardware in chrome as well toss it into the "over the top" category. Black hardware and standard pickups would offset the chrome just enough.

I'd like to know how they solved the problems that Ibanez haven't been able to for almost 15 years, however. :help:
  16. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Yuck. Does nothing for me. :spit:
  17. I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    That one personally does nothin but Sam Rivers one is unreal
  18. Probably, since there are blue Framus Chrome Tone guitars available. I'm not sure if I like them, though, as I've never actually seen one in real life
  19. BlasphemyArise

Jul 15, 2004
    It's a nice bass but u'd have to wipe it down every day cuz EVERYTHING will show up on it. Unless you have absolutely no life and have lots of time to kill then it wouldnt matter I guess hehe ; :p