1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

warwick Streamer Jazzman or Corvette Standard

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Arjankoster, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Hey guys,

I've been drooling over a few sweet Warwick basses lately and I keep coming back to the streamer jazzman and the corvette standard (bubinga)

Any suggestions as to which one to choose? I mainly play jazz, funk (slap), a little rock sometimes.

I can pick up a streamer jazzman for about €700 and the corvette for maybe €500.

So, what do you say? :D

2. JonKim

JonKim Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Jazzman no questions

3. mmbongo

mmbongo Dilly Dilly! Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Jazzman. They're not even in the same ballpark.

4. Jothabass

Jothabass

Jul 18, 2009
    Northern NJ
    Jazzman!!! Better response, range and love that look!!! Also, it has better resale value... A thing you must count every time you pick a new bass: GAS attacks and you cant stop it!!!

5. Thanks for your replies! Going to make a move towards the jazzman :D

6. El-Bob

El-Bob Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Hamilton, ON
    Another vote for the jazzman.

7. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can assist you in any way. Thanks, and best of luck with the purchase!

8. Well, I'm planning to go over to the guy's house and try out the bass before I buy it (Hey I can be smart too!). Anything specific I should look out for?

Thanks!

9. brotherbassj

brotherbassj

Sep 20, 2008
    Virginia
    Jim Dunlop USA, King Kong Cases, Golden Eagle Energy Drink
    Streamer Jazzman........it destroys the standard.........you will absolutely love it!

10. It really depends guys. The Standard has a JJ pickup config vs. the MM/J config.

Some will be drawn to the more classic JJ pickup config. The MM/J config is a cool config, but doesn't always work for all people.

11. mmbongo

mmbongo Dilly Dilly! Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Great thing about the MM/J config though...with the flick of a switch it becomes JJ!

12. It's not a true JJ whatsoever. The bridge pole pieces are not in the correct spot, and the neck pickup is offset.

I owned a Corvette FNA Jazzman before, and being a diehard JJ guy - I'm telling you there is no "true" JJ tone in there. It never sounded quite "right" in coil cut mode. I always left it full coils/parallel or series.

It's similar to the Lakland system. Its not authentic Jazz tone.