Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Streamer LX - 4 string

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by casblah, Oct 2, 2004.

1. casblah

casblah

Apr 12, 2003
    Steubenville, OH
    I've got a Streamer LX bolt-on for sale. Here are some specs:

-4 string
    -2pc. maple body(lite flame) in turqoise (oil finish)
    -wenge neck & fingerboard
    -black hardware
    -2 pups--precision-style @ neck; jazz-style @ bridge
    -9 volt active/passive electronics (MEC)
    -flush mount Dunlop straplocks
    -OHSC (molded plastic)

This bass is used, in very good plus condition. Only a few small dings(about 1/32'') are evident, but you'll have to look close to find them. There are no structural issues with this bass whatsoever. It's never been dropped, abused, or the like. I'm the original owner of this piece. I have some medium resolution pixx I will send if interested. My price is US $700. I will pay to ship this to you, provided it's within the continental US. Contact me for more info.

findcas@msn.com

2. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Where are the pics?

3. casblah

casblah

Apr 12, 2003
    Steubenville, OH
    I can send them to your e-mail. Let me know. CD

4. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
  5. casblah

casblah

Apr 12, 2003
    Steubenville, OH
    HAVING TROUBLE SENDING THE PHOTOS(WORKED FINE 2 DAYS AGO), I'M WORKING ON IT... :mad:

6. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Pics recieved....very nice. Now what I'm looking for is that Warwick sound I guess, obviously. I'm really looking for something like Ryan Martinie gets from his thumbs....does this get it??? Also I guess with these you have to oil them properly? Is that true???

7. Bass Tranquil

Bass Tranquil

Nov 16, 2003
    I have not received the pics yet. If you get a chance could you send them again?

Oh and Rumzini, you do not have to oil this bass every month or so. I have owned my fair share of Streamer LX's and Corvette Prolines. They are Warwick's take on the American bass sound i.e. maple body + bolt on neck = punchy and full of midrange. It doesn't have the thump of a thumb bass because of the maple body and the thumb having bubinga, but it does have nice tonal properties.