1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick Streamer LX 5 string basses need tapered strings?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Catalin, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Warwick Streamer LX 5 string basses need tapered strings?

2. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    You'll only run into a problem with the B. I used to use untapered DR .125s and switched to .120s recently, both of which require me to kind of wedge them in the slot with a screwdriver.

So the answer is 'no,' but that you'll need to do some wedging. Anything higher than a .125 and I'd be shocked if it would fit, even with wedging.

3. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I'm using a set of Elixirs with a tapered .130 string and standard other strings on my Streamer Stage I.

4. Z-Bass

Z-Bass Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Pittsburgh, PA
    DR makes a 5-string set with a taper wound B-string, that's what I'm using on my Streamer LX 5 string. Great sounding strings in my opinion.

5. I ordered a set o Daddario EXL B-135

6. Either do this yourself, or bring it to a pro if you're not confident.

Just file the tailpeice a hair wider on both sides of the string. NOT TOO MUCH THOUGH!!

This is what I had done on my thumb5 and streamer stII.

7. Are Daddario strings tapered? especially B string?

8. The prism's were, but then they replaced them with the newer prosteel's, and no there is no taper. Bummer too, I really liked the prisms.

I believe Sadowsky stings have a taped B, and Lakland strings as well.

9. mothmonsterman

mothmonsterman

Feb 8, 2006
    dr makes tappered strings that makes my warwick happy, but i am thinking about taking a rat tail file to it.