1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Warwick Streamer LX 6 string, Hipshot ultralites, Aguilar OBP-3, Plek'd!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Spfairchild, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Spfairchild

Spfairchild

Oct 23, 2005
    Seattle
    Endorsing Artist: MTD Basses, Genzler Amplification, GHS Strings, Tsunami Cables, Sonic Nuance Electronics Contributing Reviewer: Bass Gear Magazine
    Price:
    Strings:
    For sale only, an '02 Warwick Streamer LX 6-string

For all of you Warwick and Spector fans looking for a 6 string - I know that pain! The pain of waiting, and waiting, and waiting...

$1595 USD, shipping included to continental US but will ship worldwide - please inquire about cost.

Quick specs:
    -34" scale
    -2-piece solid flamed maple body
    -Warwick Just-a-nut III, brass (not shown in the first pic below but currently installed)
    -ovangkol bolt-on neck, thinner C-shape profile
    -wenge 24-fret fretboard
    -frets were recently recrowned and PLEK'd by Mike Lull!! This makes a massive, immediately obvious difference, very worth the cost
    -MEC split, offset coil pickups, one string sensing portion per string (like P-bass, Duncan Basslines)
    -Aguilar OBP-3 preamp, push/pull volume preamp bypass, swithcable mid frequency
    -string spacing adjustable between about 16.5 and 17.5 mm
    -Hipshot ultralite tuners
    -body is contoured, like Spector NS body style
    -colored oil finish, sealed and does not require waxing

I've bought and sold a very nice vintage Warwick Streamer Stage I 6-string from 1990, a Spector NS-6H2, and a Warwick Thumb NT-6. This bass beat all the previous ones for me and I wouldn't be selling it if I didn't recently have a custom one made. The playability is off the charts, due in large part to Mike Lull's careful attention and PLEK machine. If you don't yet know about Pleking, please google it - unlike a lot of snake oily sorts of "upgrades" this process greatly increases playability.

[​IMG]

Some Warwick necks are thick back to front, or have an uncomfortable U shape, but not this one. For whatever reason, and I don't know if it was initially specially ordered this way, the neck is thinner at the 1st fret than my 2008 Streamer Stage II 5-strings, still very thin at the end of the neck, and has a very comfortable C-shaped profile.

[​IMG]

It has a couple of dings, all of which should be evident in the pictures, but overall it's in fantastic shape. No issues, no neck problems, loose frets (in fact all the frets were firmly seated and glued by Lull when he Plek'd it), hardware all functioning great with no missing screws or components, etc. There is some scuffing on the tops of the pickups, and a ding behind the B-string part of the tailpiece. I put the Aguilar OBP-3 in there, and I'm selling the bass with it installed. It's a significant upgrade over the 2-band MEC preamp they were using at that time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There's a lot of media out there featuring this bass! Here are some of the places you can see and hear it:

Let me know if you have any questions, I'll be more than happy to tell you anything you'd like to know!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

t3EnRVu.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  2. Spfairchild

Spfairchild

Oct 23, 2005
    Seattle
    Endorsing Artist: MTD Basses, Genzler Amplification, GHS Strings, Tsunami Cables, Sonic Nuance Electronics Contributing Reviewer: Bass Gear Magazine
    By the way, if it wasn't clear in the ad, those aren't inlays but high quality stickers that come off easily. They're vinyl and look like the real thing.

3. Spfairchild

Spfairchild

Oct 23, 2005
    Seattle
    I'm gonna drop this a bit since there's a competing one currently in the market (but without the ultralight tuners, Plek job, Aguilar preamp, etc). $1650!

4. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    Listened to your clips...nasty tone! Band is bangin', with a great vocalist, too!

Spfairchild likes this.
  5. Spfairchild

Spfairchild

Oct 23, 2005
    Seattle
    Thanks man! I do love my band :) I appreciate the comment on the vocals as well! We actually have a new full-length album coming out on Friday on all the purchasing/streaming services, as well as Physical CD at CDBaby. Band is called Combinator, album is called allsound.

Someone buy this bass please!

songwriter21 likes this.
  6. Spfairchild

Spfairchild

Oct 23, 2005
    Seattle
    Removed the inlay decals and edited with brand new pics! This thing is beautiful, and I'm starting to think about keeping a spare Warwick 6 around, so don't wait too long...

7. Spfairchild

Spfairchild

Oct 23, 2005
    Seattle
    I think I might just be holding onto this afterall.

8. kazamamaster

kazamamaster

Sep 15, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Dang. That tone. Are all streamer lx's tonally similar or in the same ball park as this?

9. Spfairchild

Spfairchild

Oct 23, 2005
    Seattle
    I know, right?! I would say that all Warwicks in general that use this type of MEC split, offset coil pickup are tonally in the same ballpark, whether they be Streamer LXs or otherwise. That said, the placement has a lot to do with that sound, and my old Thumb NT 6 string which also used these pickups, did not sound like this. Of course, the woods also factor in quite a bit. So it's a long way of saying yes - with the caveat being having these same pickups, all Streamer LXs or Stage I broadnecks (which also use these) sound in the same general ballpark to me!

10. Interested in any partial trades? I have a spector euro 4lx that I would be willing to send your way if you knock off $950.

11. Spfairchild

Spfairchild

Oct 23, 2005
    Seattle
    I didn't realize this was still active, closing down now! This is way to nice a bass to let go, especially at this price ☺️