Warwick Streamer LX Jazzman

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ioang, May 10, 2005.

1. Ioang

May 5, 2005
    Its what it says on the plate at the top of my bass. Just looking for some clarity for you guys, I never hear anything about this bass, at all... Have you guys heard of it? I'm getting scared! Everyone talks about the Streamer LX or the FNA Jazzman or... Well. Yeah just some clarity would be nice :D thanks! Can you tell me anything about it?

Amusingly enough, after owning my bass for a year, I found the bass boost where you pull the volume knob out a little bit the other week. Was pleasantly surprised!!

Anyway, thanks for the help I realise this thread isn't the most pointful of threads ever. Ta xxx (if you need pictures of it or anything i can provide)
  2. Hmmm. Never heard of that before. Only ever heard of the Streamer jazzman and the Streamer LX. never heard of a Streamer LX jazzman. Interesting.
  3. Ioang

May 5, 2005
    Yeah thats what I mean man! Rare breed? All the pictures I see on the internet look almost right....but not quite... and the name's never totally complete. Weird!
  4. simpy1

Mar 31, 2005
    New Zealand
    When you open up the back you can adjust the amount of bass boost and mid scoop that happens when you pull the volume knob too...there are 2 little grey screw pots that you can adjust. Can't remember which is which...you should be able to hear it anyway.

Wow I'd love a Streamer LX Jazzman...I don't see why they wouldn't make one...just whack in a humbucker and a P-style pickup into the streamer. Nice.
  5. Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
  6. Ioang

May 5, 2005
    That one on the left, which is half cut off, the big picture looks very very much like my bass. I wonder where the LX comes from??

Thats the bass anyway. Thanks for everybodies help so far!

7. john flipcycle

john flipcycle

Oct 13, 2004
    Reading UK
    Partner, The Strat Shack www.thestratshack.co.uk
    My wick has streamer LX jazzman on the label but its def just a streamer jazzman 5. Made 03 so guess they added the LX for the early production then removed it later. The newer ones are only labelled streamer jazzman.

The streamer LX was a 2 pickup bass with streamer body, different from the jazzman pup configuration.
  8. Ioang

May 5, 2005
    Ah great, thanks for the info dude :D Appreciate it

9. Just one thing, you don't seem to be threading the strings into the holes on the tuners? It seems they're sticking out everywhere. It'll look much beter if you put them in the holes, PLUS the sharp string ends won't scratch your bass.