1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick Streamer LX Price ??

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by splitcoilsenior, Feb 27, 2013.

1. splitcoilsenior

splitcoilsenior

Jan 18, 2009
    I was wondering if anyone could inform me on what a New 2010-2011 Warwick Streamer Lx costs? I have the chance to pick up a new one at an interesting price and was wondering what a new one goes for...I can't find much on the internet nor talkbass...just found $2549 on one website..sound right?

2. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    Hello splitcoilsenior - As I explained in my PM yesterday, I can only offer you the current retail pricing on instruments, which can be found on our website here: http://www.warwick.de/modules/infos/info.php?rndtop&katID=14830&cl=EN

For used instrument pricing you will have to look around the internet and various sale ads. I hope you understand. Thanks!

3. splitcoilsenior

splitcoilsenior

Jan 18, 2009
    I apologize. I was referred to this forum and was looking for more public responses as well.

4. Jon Moody

Jon Moody Commercial User

Sep 9, 2007
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Manager of Brand Identity & Development, GHS Strings, Innovation Double Bass Strings, Rocktron
    Garey gave you the best info that probably any of us can. Used prices are not a "set in stone" type thing, even for new/old stock. Especially with the number of options available on the instrument, number of strings, preamp/pickups, etc.. any of us would be guessing as to what the price that the bass would go for.

5. socialleper

socialleper Bringer of doom and top shelf beer Supporting Member

May 31, 2009
    Canyon Country, CA
    If its "new" old stock the price would be lower than "new" new stock. How many strings, any special features electronics or appearance wise?
    If you give us the link it might be easier, and we promise not to snag it :eek:

6. splitcoilsenior

splitcoilsenior

Jan 18, 2009
    It's 2010-2011 so I wouldn't consider it much NOS.
    Bolt-on
    AAA Coloured Flamed Maple body
    Ovangkol neck
    Wenge fingerboard
    Scale length: 34" (long scale)
    24 frets
    Active MEC pickups
    Active MEC 2-way electronics
    Warwick tuners
    2-piece Warwick bridge
    Warwick security locks
    Chrome hardware
    Just-A-Nut III Brass
    8.7lbs

7. socialleper

socialleper Bringer of doom and top shelf beer Supporting Member

May 31, 2009
    Canyon Country, CA
    You didn't mention if it was a 4 or 5 string.

For some reason the German LX series seems to be one of the more rare models. The 5 strings especially seem to keep their value. I've seen used LX basses in good condition sell for between $900-$1200 and 5 strings sell for $1500 - $2000. I general rule of thumb is that a quality used bass sells for 50%-60% of its original value, so you can reverse engineer the original price. The price you are looking at splits the difference between a new stock bass and a used bass, so it really isn't that bad. Its an OK price.
    The final consideration is whether or not the price is worth it to you. Do you like the color, do you trust the seller, have you tried out a similar bass and know you like it? All these things matter too.

8. splitcoilsenior

splitcoilsenior

Jan 18, 2009
    I appreciate the help. Thank you