1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick Streamer LX Pro?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ArturoOsito, Aug 21, 2012.

1. ArturoOsito

ArturoOsito

Aug 21, 2012
    Hey y'all, anyone have experience with the Warwick Streamer LX Pro? How does it hold up compared to the Corvette Pro? We're talkin pro-series here, not the crazy stage 1 or anything else...Lookin at a 5 string fretless, trying to decide between the two. Bring any and all tales and experiences!

2. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    AturoOsito, The Pro-Series basses feature the same hardware and electronics as the German-made basses, as well as the same construction methods. They are made to the same specifications, under the strict supervision of Warwick Germany. The Streamer LX Pro-Series feature a Cherry body with Maple neck and tigerstripe ebony fingerboard (fretless), and High Polish finish - whereas the Corvette Pro-Series features either an Ash or Bubinga body with an Ovangkol neck and tigerstripe ebony fingerboard (fretless), with a natural satin or colored oil finish. Reviews of the Pro-Series line have been very good. Please let me know if you've got any questions or if you need assistance in any way. Thanks!

3. Pofl

Pofl

Aug 22, 2012
    Hey WarwickOfficial,

I´ve spent a lot of hours the last day in the internet, searching for a new bass.
    And I´ve decided to get a Warwick Streamer LX now.
    At the moment im comparing prices and found out, that the pro series is cheaper then the "normal" version.
    Ok German production and Korean production... but does this have influence on the sound?:help:
    Thanks!

4. ArturoOsito

ArturoOsito

Aug 21, 2012
    Hey Warwick, I've heard that Warwick basses tend not to be versatile in their tone...that they can do one tone very well, but that they aren't as good at fitting into other genres. What would you say to that?

5. cycler

cycler

Oct 6, 2010
    :rollno:

6. Turxile

Turxile

May 1, 2011
    I find them quite versatile. Especially the $$ models are one of the most versatile models in the market.
    I guess you can check out the endorsees on the Warwick website and you'll see that a very large range of genres are represented.

7. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    This would be my response as well! We have an extremely wide variety of artists throughout many genres, getting quite distinct tones. Thanks for your question!

8. You found a Warwick pro-series Bass available at an online seller? I tried extensively to look for one when I was interested in one, but I was able to find none.

9. ArturoOsito

ArturoOsito

Aug 21, 2012
    That's excellent to hear! I went ahead and purchased a Streamer LX Pro. I found a five string fretless on hifisoundconnection.com, but it's taking forever and I'm worried that they're not a reputable source... I really want that bass though, so I'm not sure what to do...

10. ArturoOsito

ArturoOsito

Aug 21, 2012
    Yeah I just found this out...once again, the maxim proves true: if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

11. Best of luck to you though in sorting this out. At least someone else had this happen to them not long ago, so you can learn from what they did to sort it out.

12. ArturoOsito

ArturoOsito

Aug 21, 2012
    Yeah I filed a dispute with paypal. It's weird, there are over 200 complaints filed with the BBB, and it looks like the provided refunds for a lot of them. Are they just a bad business, or is it an actual scam? Granted, the vast majority of the complaints were about car audio, which is their supposed specialty.

13. Use this experience to learn to check out all the sellers you decide to buy from from now on.

14. I've had trouble finding pricing information for some models. How much do the different pro series basses cost?

15. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012