Warwick Streamer Lx versus Streamer Stage I

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by vastur, Dec 21, 2001.

1. vastur

Dec 21, 2001
    Vasco Asturiano
    I'm about to buy a new Warwick Bass 4-string and i've been trying quite a few models.
    I was most inclined to the Thumb Bass Bolt-On which had a wonderful tone to me but once i tried it with a strap on, its neck dive became one big big disapointment.

What i ask is this:
    In which other model can i get the Thumb Tone (or the closest to it) but without the neck diving problem?

I'm starting to incline towards the Streamer Lx but i noticed that it's not very popular (there's not even one review about it in this entire Forum) or the Streamer Stage I. The only difference i seem to spot is that the latter in neck-through. Is this wrong? Are there any more differences? Does this difference really influences the sound? If someone knows more on this issue, please enlighten me if the neck-through is really worth the price difference.

I'm considering also other possibilities (but i don't know if they're reliable) like:
    Fortress One, Corvette Pro, FNA Jazzman and Streamer Jazzman.

What do you people say? The tone does not have to be exactly like the Thumb, as long as it is that Warwick "Wood" Tone, you know what i mean? Maybe there's even some other model in which the tone is better than the Thumb (although i don't think so).

Thank you all in advance!

PS: This is a great Forum! Keep it up!!
  2. Sofa King

Sofa King

Aug 20, 2000
    Rowlett, TX
    You can find reviews elsewhere if you don't find any here. Some review sites you'll likely find what you're looking for at:

And if you don't, there's more out there. I just don't know where offhand :p
  3. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    To get the tone you're after, I'd reccomend the Stage 2 and the LX. The stage 1 is a great bass, but you're not going to get a dominate lowend prescence out of it.
  4. I have a Streamer LX 5 and it has massive low end! Plus it's a great bass for slapping, if you get the active model. The Stage I is way more expensive as I remember. Actually my main bass is a Fortress One 5, I love it, but I play mostly rock (not the greatest bass for slapping). I'd say go with the LX or the Fortress - the Fortress feels best (not neck heavy) but the LX is a little more versatile.
  5. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    yeah - closest thing to thumb tone is SSII tone. it's got the same basic character, but more bottom, and it can actually approximate a good j-bass with the passive mode on and the neck pickup soloed as well.