1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick Streamer LX5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TheCreep, Mar 6, 2013.

1. TheCreep

TheCreep

Dec 19, 2012
    Belgium
    Hey guys,
    I was looking for a new bass and really fell in love with the Warwick Streamer LX5, I noticed that it's a really expensive bass so I looked a bit further and came across a site that has this bass for €795, is this too good to be true?
    Also doesn't say on the site it's second hand so I really don't trust this.
    Also, Warwick Streamer LX5 or Spector Euro LX5?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. TheCreep

TheCreep

Dec 19, 2012
    Belgium
    Another pic

Attached Files:

3. Mogalen

Mogalen

Mar 5, 2013
    I wouldn't trust it. Either they'll rip you off, or they'll send you a bass made of plastic.

4. TheCreep

TheCreep

Dec 19, 2012
    Belgium
    Yeah, it's kind of suspicious but it's an actual music store in the Netherlands so I would asume they are legit?
    Then again, asking only €795 for a bass that costs around €3500 new is ridiculously cheap even for a second hand.

5. Mogalen

Mogalen

Mar 5, 2013
    Well, it could be a combination of second hand, demo ex and coffeetable for the factoryworkers, that would probably get it down to a rather low price.

6. TheCreep

TheCreep

Dec 19, 2012
    Belgium
    Wouldn't mind a demo ex or second hand but just want to make sure I'm not getting ripped off, even second hand I couldn't find one for less than €1200 which is already a very reasonable price.

7. TheCreep

TheCreep

Dec 19, 2012
    Belgium
    Quick update, I e-mailed the store about my concerns and said that I could come and check it out.
    Pretty psyched about getting this bass so cheap.

8. While IMO Warwicks are overpriced(& I am a fan of the older stuff), MSRP is always astronomical. Actual selling prices are nearly always much lower.

9. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    Yeah, and don't forget warwick prices have gone through the roof in the last few years. I had a late 90s LX5 for a while, it was a great bass, and when I sold it a couple years ago the market price was about $1000-1200 used. This one isn't that far off from that price.

10. TechJunky

TechJunky

Aug 31, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    Price seems about right for a used Streamer. This one looks like an older model given the gold hardware (current LX's are chrome hardware, have been for several years now), and the offset strap button (though that could have been done by a prior owner or the shop). Hard to say for sure without knowing the year, and without seeing the back, but if the neck is Wenge it's pre-'99. Highly likely it's second hand. Awesome basses though, highly recommended.

Also, I wouldn't worry about the price difference between retail and second hand market. Even new, Warwick's aren't sold for their MSRP (not to say they're cheap, but take a Stage II or Thumb NT, both which retail around $7000 I believe, but are typically found no higher than $4900 on the street from big box retailers. Can be found cheaper often times too). Now, the same basses with a near $5000 new price bought second hand, even only a year or two old, would only be $2-3000. They all reach a point where they settle, but it's pretty low...good news for Warwick lovers (like myself) who aren't rolling in money (also myself), so we can get great deals!

11. TheCreep

TheCreep

Dec 19, 2012
    Belgium
    Hi, thanks for confirming that the price is about right, the storemanager told me it was a pretty old bass but has never been used, so I am guessing it's an older model.