1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick: Streamer or Thumb

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by albertilius, Apr 11, 2009.

1. W. Streamer

41.1%
  2. W. Thumb

46.4%
  3. Not these, I do prefer this other kind of bass:

14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hi... I don't know if this poll has been done earlier...

Your choose. Consider for example for both brands the NT's.

I ask to try for these two, but If you find that extremely necessary is to choose another, then suggest yours.

I own a Thumb '90 NT and a Streamer Stage I fretless...

I think I still miss the wildy fretted sound of a streamer...

What do you think?

Thanks!

2. thetawaves

thetawaves

Dec 29, 2006
    I'd say the Corvette, more balanced/versatile tone than the other two I've found...hence I got one :) Though I am thinking it would have been nice to get a Thumb, I adore the sound you can get from them...gargh! Indecision.

3. OrangeSun

OrangeSun

Jun 26, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Ive got a standard streamer and a custom streamer fretless (both 4's), and I love them. The feel of the neck and the weight is perfect to me. Some people think they are heavy. I have tried the other warwick models and none of them worked for me as well as what I have. The neck just fits perfectly in my hand. Gotta love that.

4. bass12

bass12 And Grace, too

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    I owned a Stage 1 and a Thumb 5 up until fairly recently and still own a Thumb 4 BO. I flat out hated the Thumb 5 (which was a 2002). The Stage 1 was a 1991. Ergonomically, this bass was much more to my liking than the Thumb, but I much prefer the sound of the Thumb BO to the Stage 1 - it has more punch, has better definition in general, is more sonically balanced across the fingerboard and, oddly enough, has better sustain. It is, however, the least played of my current stable of basses (I'm not much of a Warwick fan these days, I'm afraid).

5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I own an SSI 5 and an SSII 5, and have owned and played a few Thumbs in the past. My vote goes to the Streamer, hands down.

6. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    Streamer. I owned a Streamer LX5 and a Blonde Thumb, definitely preferred the streamer. I play high, and the thumb never sat on my body right, in order to make it comfortable across my chest the neck was way out and I had to over extend my left arm. If I brought it back more towards my right side to make the left arm more comfortable, the strap pulled on the screw which would make it come loose and fall out. My main bass is a fender jazz, so neither one was perfect for me, ended up selling both.

7. I want a Streamer with the Thumb pickup placement on it.

8. BadB

BadB

May 25, 2005
    AZ, USA
    For Warwick basses, I prefer the Fortress One. It balances way better than the others. Too bad they discontinued it. For tone, I like their basses that have the heavier bubinga bodies. Hard on the shoulder, though.

9. RedLeg

RedLeg Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Kaiserslautern, Germany
    Nov Shmoz Ka Pop?
    Thumb BO 4. it is my only 4 banger

10. PsyDocHill

PsyDocHill

Feb 13, 2003
    USA
    and own it:

Warwick Corvette Std. passive fiver. I like the "sound of wood" growl I get from this bass, and have enough onboard EQ with my other basses. Here I get another sound to add to my arsenal and that makes me happy. I dig the "passive" sound emanating from my Std. and never felt a need to "upgrade" to a Thumb, Streamer, etc.

Follow your bass-muse. For once, doing so cost me less.