1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick Streamer problem

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Axel F, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Axel F

Axel F

Mar 2, 2005
    Loughborough, UK
    I've had a Streamer Stage 1 for a couple of years now, was bought second hand but practically unused from the looks of it. It's been fantastic but about 2 months ago started making scratching noises occasionally when plugged in, lasting about 2/3 seconds. I assumed it was a dirty jack socket but switch cleaner didn't work.

It was getting more and more frequent so I switched out the jack socket. Got it home and it's still having the same problem, albeit less frequently. I rang the luthier who'd replaced the jack who said he thought it might be a problem with the electronics? Anyone ever encountered something similar? Problem continues whether its in active or passive mode (push/pull volume pot).

If it is a problem with the preamp, is it worth me just replacing it with the same stock preamp or is there a worthwhile upgrade? I know a lot of Warwick users swap out the stock preamp and MEC pups.

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

See FAQ Dimento's Trouble Shooting Guide.

First thing to do is isolate the problem to the bass if you haven't already done so.

You can pretty much rule the jack out. Could be a bad connection or pot gone bad. You can't necessarily rule out the preamp cause depending on how the passive circuit is wired the pre could still be in the circuity and affecting output. Your luthier may be able to answer that. If the pre is isolated from the circuit in passive mode, then it's probably not the pre but in something in the passive circuit.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 15, 2021