1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick streamer rockbass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Herbal, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Herbal

Herbal

Jul 10, 2016
    England
    I have a fretless made in china one, I don't play it that often but tonight I played it for a while.
    I noticed that the pickup output is pretty poor compared to my mustang.
    If I go to amp level 4 for home practice on the mustang I'd have to go to six or seven with the Warwick.
    Is that usual for these basses?
    I would have thought two Warwick pickups would be louder than one on the Fender?

2. Lownote38

Lownote38

Aug 8, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    Different pickup systems have different output volumes. I've had active basses that have a lower output than a passive bass. That's just the way things are.

Herbal likes this.
  3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    My SSII 6 with the newest version of the MEC preamp has a much lower output than my SSI 6. I've owned passive basses with a hotter output than the SSII.

4. alembic76407

alembic76407

Apr 29, 2004
    Oklahoma
    I have noticed the same thing with my Warwick Starbass Rockbass , if I switch to an active bass I have to turn my amp down before I play a note, Maybe that what the Passive/active switch on my amp is for ,LOL , I do like the sound of the MEC pickups