1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick Streamer Stage 2

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dolando, Apr 30, 2006.

1. Hello, I am thinking about buying a Warwick Streamer Stage 2 (5 string) and have not yet played one but love the look of them and love the sound of it.

Is their anyone who has either got one or has played one that can give me some feedback on them??

Cheers,

Dolando

2. ebe9

ebe9

Feb 26, 2006
    South Africa
    What sort of feedback are you looking for?
    From your post it sounds as if you have played one, is this the case?

From my experience you can't go wrong with Warwick and the Streamer is a beautiful bass with lots of the Warwick "Growl" but with the ability to push out the warmer jazzy stuff too.

3. I have not yet played one, I own an Warwick Corvette Standard and i love it to bits. The only thing i dont like is that its not a 5 string. Im mainly after things like the sound of them and just general comments on the bass and if their is anything i should be carefull of???

Dolando

4. I've had mine for a while now, and I LOVE it!!

DISCLAIMER:i have basslines pick-ups and pre in it

I love the feel and sound of my streamer. It's very comfortable to me to play and wear.
    It's got a very "smooth" tone to it when eq'd right , or a very "edgy" tone when eq'd otherwise.
    It's bottom end is huge, and has a very present mid section, and smooth highs.

The tight string spacing is great for fingerstyle, and decent for slap once you get used to it.

Here's a pic of it to fire up the "GAS":D

DSC01848.

5. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Have you played one with the MECs side by side with the basslines?

6. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    I love mine to death! I bought/sold basses for years until I got my Streamer Stage II. The tone, the playability and feel, everything is just great. I don't think you can go wrong with a SSII.

More GAS pics for ya!

SSII-5
    SSII5.

SSII-4
    SSII4.

7. Yup.

Here's my take. I will shortly be switching pre's to the Aguilar OBP-3, and probably putting back in the Stock MEC PU's.

I find the basslines setup is fairly scooped in the mids when set flat, and that when the treble is boosted it's almost worthless. (it's very tinny sounding)

With the basslines set flat, I boost the mids on my DB750 a hefty bit to even it out.

I had the stock MEC's in my thumb 5 and loved them, I just thought the MEC pre was pretty dull.

HOWEVER...my SSII sounds/plays so good, that switching pre's and pu's are just searching for the right color for me, and the SSII is a great canvas for the job.

8. I had one for a couple months before I sold it. My only complaint is the narrow string spacing (16.5mm at the bridge) on the 5-string versions. But that's a personal preference for me, I just gotta have wide string spacing. So if you're cool with the string spacing then by all means go for it! Tone is to die for, even with the stock MEC setup. I'm sure it's even better with other pickups and preamps. I usually just cut the mids a bit to smooth out the sound, as that bass has plenty of mids to spare.

I have some soundclips that I did here (all the ones that start with SSII___:

http://www.artistcollaboration.com/users/loki/

:)