1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick Streamer Stage I electronics.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Nekokatsu, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Nekokatsu

Nekokatsu

Oct 13, 2009
    I need an advice, and i tought who better than u guys, i never ever post (cuz i dont know that much about electronics), but i read the forum...

I have a Warwick streamer stage I 6 strings 1998 gen...
    i bought it used, an its been my only bass for the last 7 years, and it sounds beautiful...

It has Mec electronics & pickups (the 18v version)

The problem is that it has a HIS, when i sent the bass to fix this, they told me, ''that his is in the desing of the circuit'' (or something like that), that it wasnt a part of the circuit that was producing that his, it was the circuit itself... So now i have to change the whole circuit to another one.

Heres my Q... I play in Prog Metal Band http://www.deltachile.com/, an also i do sesionnist work playing POP & Funk... the MEC circuit & pickups system adapts perfectly to those styles, but now that i have to change my circuit, i have to ask for advice.

Wich are the best options?

So thks in advance guys.

2. MrUsefulAlien

MrUsefulAlien

Jun 10, 2011
    Prague, CZ
    I just installed the aguilar obp-3 preamp (with the help of TB members) coupled with sd basslines. I also had the hiss, and now its gone.

I was also recommended the bartolini and SD preamps.

I am enjoying the sound of my SS1 with the aguilar pre!