Warwick Streamer Stage I/II Necks

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chrisrm, Nov 10, 2003.

1. Chrisrm

Chrisrm Bass Virtuoso Wannabe

Feb 10, 2002
    Colchester, CT
    I have a question for a the nt Streamer owners. What is the neck like on theses basses, specifically the 4 string Stage one and Stage two? How would it compare to say a Jazz, or a Stingray (2 I'm relatively familiar with)? Thick and chunky or thin and fast? Warwicks seem to have a reputation for thick necks, but I was wondering what these specific Warwicks are like.

2. Chrisrm

Feb 10, 2002
    Colchester, CT
    Any Streamer Stage I/II owners out there? Also, if anyone actually does see this, how is the sound? I know this is very subjective, but any descriptions would be very helpful. Unfortunately, there aren't any around to try out.

Thanks again,
  3. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i'm sure he'll jump in, but you can check out jason braatz's band, phat phunktion right here:

he plays a SSII on rock star and weekend special, and a thumb in passive mode, i believe, on higher. i love the tone through the IOD. nice, indeedy. the neck profile on the 4 string warwicks isn't bad at all, in my opinion...chunky like a p.
  4. I have a 87 streamer stage 1.

Im not quite sure what the necks are like on the newer models,but my neck is extremly comfortable to me.

There is no fret buzz what so ever. The neck isnt thick or thin to me, its just right. Its thinner than a jazz.

And i Love the sound.:cool:

Its best to try one for yourself and see what you think

5. Chrisrm

Feb 10, 2002
    Colchester, CT
    Unfortunately, easier said than done. I called all around New England, no one has one to try out. Oh well.

Thanks for the input,
  6. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    I fyou really want to try one, order one through Guitar Center and try it out for a nmonth. If you don't like it, they're supposed to take it back.
    As far as the necks go, they're on the bigger size, but not hard to play IMO. How a neck feels is a very personal thing, and what works for some won't work for others.
  7. fourstring44

Jul 22, 2003
    St. Louis
    I've had 3 Stage 1's and all the necks were very similar. Chunky from front to back. To me this wasn't uncomfortable, but if you like thin necks, the Streamer stage 1 may not apeal to you. I think stage 1's sound great. You can get a nice funky P-bass tone from them as well as a few other J-bass type tones. The body is very comfortable and the bass hangs nice on a strap (unlike the Thumbs) The older ones which were just called Streamers had 2 band EQ and EMG's while the newer ones (early 90's) have 3 band preamps and MEC pickups. I liked them both.
  8. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk

Oct 10, 2001
    go to Ron's and ask for Clint. When I was in there the last time his buddy had a Streamer Stage II that he let me try. They are a Warwick dealer, I bought my Thumb from Clint a few years back. Good luck!
  9. DRN

Mar 17, 2002
    Las Vegas
    I own Streamer stage II bases and have also played the stage one. They are completely different necks. The stage I is fat and chunky like a P bass and the stage II is lean and fast. I love the neck on the stage II I hate big baseball style necks.
  10. I have a 2000 Stage 1 four string. To me, the neck is thin and comfortable. If you want chunky, play a Stingray. Pain in the ass trying to wrap my fingers around that neck after playing my Streamer...