Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Streamer Stage I

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Landyachtz, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Landyachtz

Landyachtz

Sep 5, 2005
    Tempe, AZ
    This is the one pictured in my av, I will get some better pics up tomorrow. I bought this to replace my Streamer LX5, but the more I play it, the more I like going back to the smaller string spacing on the LX5. It is in very good shape, few small dings. Duncan Soapbars and Duncan 3 band preamp. $2000 shipped to continental US. Includes Warwick hardcase (not flight, but not rock bag if that makes sense)

Update:
    $1850 Shipped!

SOLD

2. Wayne Gulley

Wayne Gulley

Oct 2, 2005
    Hi, This is a very nice looking bass. I played one at GC this week end and was blown away by it's tone. The one I played has the original MEC PUPs. How does your sound with the Duncans as compared to the MECs. I realize this is a a subjective assesment but can you describe the difference tone wise? Also, what year is your bass mfg'd? Thanks!

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Bump for a great bass.

4. Landyachtz

Landyachtz

Sep 5, 2005
    Tempe, AZ
    The Duncans have a lot more growl and midrange presence, the sounds is MUCH better than the stock pickups, I personally hate MEC pickups. I believe it is a 2000 or 2001, it has the older brass adjustable nut which has individual adjustments for each string, and IMO much better than the graphite nuts they use now.

5. Creese

Creese Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2005
    FWA
    That IS a hot bass. The brass adjust-a-nut and recessed straploks make me think it's an older bass tho. What's the last two digit of the serial number? Are you firm at $2K? Any more pix you can post?

6. Landyachtz

Landyachtz

Sep 5, 2005
    Tempe, AZ
    the serial number is G-077471-00 so it is a 2000, one of the last years (if not the last) that they used the brass nut. I'm not in too dire a need to sell this, infact I have doubts about if I really want to sell it since this was my dream bass for a long time, but I have warmoth parts on the way for a deluxe 5 with soapbars and I'm starting upright so I will need the money if I decide to pursue that. Make me a reasonable offer and I will consider it, but like I said I'm not in too much of a hurry to sell this.

7. CeeJ

CeeJ

Jul 8, 2004
    EL A
    Hey Landyachtz~

PM sent.

Thanks!

CJ

8. Landyachtz

Landyachtz

Sep 5, 2005
    Tempe, AZ
    PM'd you back last night. :)

9. Landyachtz

Landyachtz

Sep 5, 2005
    Tempe, AZ
    BUMP, still for sale.

10. Landyachtz

Landyachtz

Sep 5, 2005
    Tempe, AZ
    More Pics:
    Duncan Soapbas
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Closeup of a small mark on the back
    [​IMG]
    This didn't show up much in the picture, but there is a light scuff here.
    [​IMG]
    Duncan 3 band pre
    [​IMG]

11. Landyachtz

Landyachtz

Sep 5, 2005
    Tempe, AZ
    SOLD

Thanks Cale, it will be on it's way Friday.

12. Creese

Creese Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2005
    FWA