Warwick Streamer Stage II has arrived!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lokire, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Ahh, today is a good day :cool:

This is a 2001 Streamer Stage II 5-string that I got in a trade with grooveguru. I've always been a huge fan of Incubus and Jamiroquai and their bass tones, so I decided to just go directly for it this time, and I'm glad I did :D

I spent a while setting it up to perfection for my tastes. Now it has super low action with no buzzing. The bridge really lets you do anything you can think of and it's all lockable, so that's very cool. Along with the adjustable nut, it's very flexible setup-wise. The neck definatly isn't as "baseball bat(ish)" as some of the other warwicks (mostly Thumbs) I've played. It's real thick and meaty but in a nicely proportioned way. And this has got to be the smoothest neck I've ever felt. It's like silk on my hand :eek: . The yin-yang inlays are very cool (anyone know what the inlay materials used are?), and I'd never seen a real good pic of them, so I took a good one myself :cool: . It balances perfectly on a strap, and isn't too heavy compared to other Warwicks I've played. My bathroom scale says 10lbs - it doesn't feel that heavy on my thick leather strap though. I love the simple but elegant look of the Afzelia wood. It's not real flashy but it's still beautiful.

Sounds awesome. Definatly has that Warwick growl. Real clear highs, a defined / growly midrange and tight, punchy lows. I'll get some soundclips up later today...

2. thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    wow......very sweet
  3. steve21

steve21 Banned

That looks very nice! The inlay looks awesome. Looks like abalone and maybe ivory for the yin yang, and the circle around it maybe MOP?

regardless, that's a beautiful warwick... glad to hear it plays good... getting some faith back in them.
  4. Just be sure to not base anything off of what you play in Guitar Center. I've yet to play a well setup Warwick in there :scowl:
  5. Tom

Sep 7, 2005
    Davis, CA
    This man knows how to take photographs. :cool:

Very nice choice of instrument, sir.
  6. I try :)
  7. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Wow, that is awesome! I bet thats made your chirstmas! One of thoe in a 4 string would do me, I love them!

And thats the first time I have had a good look at the inlay too!
  8. Dam that's nice. I love the fret dots too, nice touch.
  9. You know it :D

http://www.artistcollaboration.com/users/loki/SSII Demo.mp3

Enjoy ;)
  10. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Very nice. I would love to own one of those someday.
  11. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Beautiful bass man! I'm not sure why more people don't use afzelia. It really is a great bass wood.
  12. Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Can you say Stuart Zender? Awesome :D.
  13. steve21

steve21 Banned

Dude, that tone is beautiful!

Where'd you get your 'wick?
  14. From Grooveguru (and previously Woodchuck). I traded an Elrick Singlecut I had for it :)
  15. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    Sounds great. I don't think the ying-yangs would go over well at church heh. BTW, I thought Zender was more of a Stage 1 and Streamer LX kinda guy.
  16. What's wrong with the Yin-Yang symbol that the church wouldn't like? There's nothing negative or anti-christian about it. :meh:
  17. grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Yin Yangs rule! LOL

Clip sounds great!

You know I always said that if I got a 5 string one I'd never let it go! I guess I lied! Most excellent deal on both sides my friend!
  18. Very sexy!

Nice grain on that one.

19. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    Hah, well that's probably a discussion for another forum, but I can assure you that good and evil (heaven/eather, etc wthatever) are not in balance, equal, or necessary for the other to exist.

If you are trying to relate confucianism to christianity, you probably don't read the same bible I do :D
  20. Tom

Sep 7, 2005
    Davis, CA
    Some Christians don't like things linked to Eastern "occult" (which is a term I've actually heard used in reference to Eastern religions :rolleyes: )... but those people are (thankfully) few and far between. Most churches wouldn't have a problem with it, I'm sure. Most people won't be able to see it, anyhow.

If you do play it in church, then have fun rocking god's house. :D

EDIT: I posted before I could see the above post. If for any reason my post offends (it shouldn't, but you never know...), I'll happily remove it.