Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Streamer Stage II Questions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by G, Jan 3, 2003.

1. G

G

Apr 12, 2000
    MI
    Looks like I will be picking up a SSII in the near future. What should I look out for? FInish issues? Pickup / electronics issues?

2. If at all possible, go used. Im pretty sure the ones before 1998 had brass nuts and wenge necks, as opposed to the ovankol necks and plastic nuts they have now.

3. G

G

Apr 12, 2000
    MI
    Right, I am looking at a 2001 model, barely used. The deal is too good to pass up...

4. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    get it...SSII's kick major arse.

5. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    while the new ones are still great basses, i'm particular about the brass/wenge ones.

they rock some serious socks.

how good is this deal?

6. G

G

Apr 12, 2000
    MI
    Pretty good... Around 1500. Does that sound about right. Jason, I knew you would be around soon enough. How is the B on these things? I have played the Warwick line up and down, but not a SSII for maybe a year or so. I was looking at thumb 5 NT until this showed up...

7. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    that is a good deal! i got mine for 1500 as well, with hard case.

the B is great as long as you use good strings, but that applies to every bass. i use SS loriders 45-125 and it's great in standard tuning, drop A needs a thicker string though.

i'd take an SS2 over a thumb nt all the time. the thumb, while it's a little more distinctive, can start killing yoru back and wrist after a while if you're not a big person (i'm not)

8. mad_world

mad_world

Nov 3, 2002
    Uh i dont know if it's suppost to be this way but, do all the 1998 and over basses have plastic nuts? Because i have a 02 thumb and it came with a brass nut and it was brand new.

9. joel

joel Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Ontario
    The Warwick Streamer Stage II is an awesome bass, its a wise and worthy purchase! Im throughly enjoying mine........although i am considering getting a brass nut and some barts!!!

i just wish i knew about talkbass before i bought mine (i feel like i paid a little much:mad: )

i thin k you ll be real happy with ur streamer!!

10. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Are you sure it is an '02? Have you checked the serial number?

11. dreadhead

dreadhead

Feb 1, 2002
    Europe
    My God! I think it's NOT a good deal. I've sold my mint '89 Stage II (4 strings) for that price!
    It did feature all the good things a Warwick used to have (EMGs, solid brass hardware, NOT JUST THE NUT!, Wengé neck etc.). :(

12. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA

you're also in europe, where warwicks are less expensive. how much is a NEW ss2 over there?

PLUS i haven't seen any evidence showing that the older ones - while being more desirable - fetch more money than a similar newer one.

13. mad_world

mad_world

Nov 3, 2002
    Yea, on the back of the head stock the last two numbers are 02 and is'nt that how you tell what year it is?

14. oldirtymoney

oldirtymoney Banned

Jul 16, 2002
    california, carslbad
    i dont think u people no what i would do for a stage 2 five string. god!!!!!!!!