Warwick Streamer Stage II

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RealBK, May 24, 2002.

1. RealBK

Feb 8, 2002
    Hi, Could anyone give me some feedback on the following bass?

WARWICK STREAMER STAGE II 5 string (a photo would be good)

I used to love the look of this bass when it first came out, but when all that Nu-Metal stuff came out i kinda got a wee bit tired with the look of the bass.
    Why is it bands like 311/INCUBUS/LIMP & a few other's i'm sure opt for this bass?

Is the neck comfortable? the sound good?

2. The neck is very comfortable and the sound is amazing. therefore, bands you dont like using gear you do like shouldnt make you like it any less.
  3. The neck is comfortable if you like your string spacing to be narrow. I don't, but I like the four string version of the said bass, even though I prefer Stage Is. ;)
  4. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    I know Warwick5S will be posting at any moment... but anyways

#1) The neck on the higher end Neck Through basses tend to be a little more flat then the lower end Warwicks.

#2) Warwick 5s' string spacing are around 16.5mm, other than the SSI 5 and the "Wide-Neck" versions of their basses, which are 20mm. A Regular 4 string has a 19mm string spacing at the bridge. Modulus Quantum 5s have a 17mm. Zon 5s usually around 17mm.

#3) Sound of the bass is just awesome. I love the tone of Warwicks, too bad I can't really stand their necks at all. I have tiny palms and fingers so my hands cramp up when I play them. But you may like them :)

#4) Warwick SSIIs are VERY heavy basses. They weigh around 13-14lb. Make sure you get one "Strapps" Which are straps that cost around $25-35. It will make the Warwick weigh like 3lbs. Trust me, I had a Warwick SSI 5 and The Strapp made everything easier on me :)

#5) I attached a picture to this post of a Warwick SSII 5 string. Thanks to Bass Central for the pic (Gard :D)

Hope I gave you some information on the bass.. Warwick5S should be posting soon since he owns one :)

5. grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Here's my 95'

Best Warwick I've heard or played including my former Thumb!
  6. grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Opps my bad! I just reread the post and saw you were talking about the 5 string version. Sorry, but hope you enjoy the pictures anyhow.
  7. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Ditto ditto ditto. I kind of like the "hidden" neck-thru look of the SSII5, but I chose the SSI5 because of the standard string spacing.
  8. RealBK

Feb 8, 2002
    Does the Streamer Stage II only come in wood finishes? or does Warwick make coloured ones?
    Can you get a bolt on version?

P.S. No one got a LAKLAND 44-02 Skyline yet?
    These basses look sweet!

Bye Bye.
  9. It depends on what you mean, both with "wood finishes" and "coloured". According to Warwick's English web site (there's one in German as well) all of their basses are available in "Natural Oil Finishes" - which is the most common Warwick finish, and what I would call a "wood finish" proper - or "Transparent Oil Finish Colors" - also seen quite often - and as well "Transparent High Polish Colors" - just like grooveguru's sweet looking Stage II posted in this thread. Both of the last mentioned colours let the wood's figuring show through, and are in a way both "wood finishes" and "coloured."

If you by couloured mean solid colours, though, they don't seem to be a standard option anymore. A few years ago solid colours were listed in the Warwick catalogue, but it also said that such a finish would make the sound harder and brighter than normal, and that an oil finish would let "the sound of wood" through in a better way. I don't know if this is true, since I've never actually played a solid colour Warwick, I've just seen a few, of which one was a matte black SSII.
    But, solid colours may be available as a custom option, for an upcharge.
    Oh, while writing this, I also checked the Warwick price list over at the Swedish distributor, Flaa Music, and there are a lot of different finishes available on a custom order basis. Would you perhaps fancy a bass coated in chrome (like the one Stuart Zender was seen with in some ads a few years ago)? Warwick will make one for you, if you've got the money to pay for it, that is. It's not cheap let me tell you... :eek:

There are a lot of different versions of bolt on Streamers available, all with flame maple bodies or tops, but none with afzelia bodies - which is a Streamer II exclusive - as standard. But again, there's always the possibility of custom ordering a bolt on Streamer with such a body if you'd really want one.
  10. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    I had a solid white SSII, but I don't know what current finish options are. Presumably you could order a SSII in any of the available Warwick finishes, though.

As for a bolt-on, Warwick offeres a couple of different bolt-on Streamer models, none of which is quite the same as the SSII. The Streamer LX is probably the closest, but the body wood is maple rather than afzelia, the neck is just 3-piece ovankol rather than the multi-laminate, and it doesn't have the cool yin-yang inlays. You could probably custom order just about anything, though, if you were willing to spend the $.

11. dreadhead

Feb 1, 2002
    If you want a good tip, look for a pre-91 one. They are simply better than newer ones. Better pickups, better bridge and nut, better woods, better sound!
  12. bannedwit

May 9, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Here is a 2005 Streamer Stage 2... No problems for me... Sounds and plays amazing!

13. I love the sound and feel of my streamer STII.
    Once I bought this bass, I sold my thumb 5. I never played it anymore. (MY) streamer has a very full and rounded tone. Did I mention that this bass has HUGE booty bottom? Well it does. The string spacing is great for some stuff, but when I need a little more room, I pick up my 55-94.
    My SSII has the Duncan basslines pu's and pre in it. (not stock), but I'm thinking of switching back to the stock MEC pu's and adding an Aguilar obd3 pre.
    Here's a pic as requested.
  14. bannedwit

May 9, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    haha, I just looked at this post and the last posted before myself was from like 2002! haha.

Long live dead posts.