Warwick Streamer stageII

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Peter Parker, Jun 10, 2001.

1. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    I have the opportunity to buy one of these at a VERY good price and would like to know what sort of sound it produces. I don't like Warwick basses on the whole but I've always liked the Streamer but have only played the Stage 1 with the maple neck and body. Thanks in advance.
  2. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    Hi, I have a SSI 5 string and I hear that SSII has a more "classic" warwick sound because of hte Afzelia Wood they used. Not Maple. It also has a smaller body, yinyang inlays and smaller string spacing @nut and @bridge

3. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Hey man i couldnt tell ya about the stage 2 but i own a older corvette pro-line and love it! If its a killer price get it even if you dont like it sell it on ebay friend!@ Then get what ya want!
  4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Like DarkMazda said, the SSII is more classic Warwick in tone, and it also has the wenge neck like most of the good Warwick models except the SSI had before wenge became really hard to get.

Believe it or not, I have heard a lot of people say that the wenge neck on the older Warwicks contributed to the sound as well, that say a Thumb bolt on with a wenge neck sounds different than a Thumb bolt on with an Ovankol neck.

I've not compared them, this is just what I have heard people say. A lot of people.

Anyway, what kind of electronics and pickups does it have?
  5. LowRanger

Dec 24, 2000
    I've got a Streamer Stage II 5, and I love it. I've owned/still own a Dolphin Pro 1 5, Corvette Std 6, and Thumb 5 NT. Between all of them, the Streamer Stage II is far and away the most versatile and comfortable. I don't know what your reference point is for comparison, but it's NOT a one-sound bass. Seriously low action w/ no buzzes, powerful EQ, hot output and very quiet electronics. Maybe a little on the heavy side, but it hangs on a strap perfectly, no neck diving.

They seem to get snapped up fairly quickly on the used market, so if you don't like it I don't think you'd have too much trouble unloading it.

Good luck, feel free to email w/questions!
  6. I agree with the wenge thing.. newer Warwicks just don't seem to have "it" for me.. whatever "it" is.
  7. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Yeah i cant figure it out either! I have a 97 corvette pro-line i custom orderd and its twice the bass that the new ones are! Id put my old corvette up to a new dolphin and still take my old one home!