1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick Streamer Standard for $499...what do you think?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by v0ltaire, Jun 21, 2002.

1. v0ltaire

v0ltaire

Jun 16, 2002
    ovangkol neck, wenge fretboard, two mec passive pickups, carolena body for $499. Is this a good deal? Some feedback will be appreciated. Thanks!

Ben

2. 'Tis a fine deal. Might I ask the color? Hopefully honey blond or red. You may be interested to know that I had the single-pickup version of this model in red, a German-made axe (as opposed to the Chinese-made "RockBass" model; the difference is the neck; German is ovankol; Chinese, maple). These basses come passive, but have the nice roomy Warwick electronics cavity. I chose to install an EMG BTC Control, a stacked-know 2-band EQ, and added a Hipshot Bass Xtenderkey as well. I put the final Warwick touch on it by obtaining original Dunlop Straplocks and countersinking them. I made music with this axe for 2 years before selling it at a profit, which was then invested in the wenge-necked sunburst FNA that you see here. It also sports Dunlops, but the 2-way variety, and an Xtender as well, although not at the time of the photo. If your $499 deal doesn't include a gig bag, Warwick's Rockbags are pretty good and available from a number of online and catalog retailers $60-$100, depending on model and seller. Your 2-pickup model would benefit most from the EMG BTC kit, which will turn one of your 2 volume pots into a blend control to go with 2-band stacked-knob tone control, and or course, would also give you single-volume knob control as well. Prices: BTC control alone, c. $100; the kit c. $150. Again, shop around. I am fortunate enough to live near the Bass Place in Tempe, AZ and would give an endorsement here (www.thebassplace.com). Good luck. Let me know how it turns out.