Warwick Streamer Standard for $499...what do you think?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by v0ltaire, Jun 21, 2002.

1. v0ltaire

Jun 16, 2002
    ovangkol neck, wenge fretboard, two mec passive pickups, carolena body for $499. Is this a good deal? Some feedback will be appreciated. Thanks!

2. 'Tis a fine deal. Might I ask the color? Hopefully honey blond or red. You may be interested to know that I had the single-pickup version of this model in red, a German-made axe (as opposed to the Chinese-made "RockBass" model; the difference is the neck; German is ovankol; Chinese, maple). These basses come passive, but have the nice roomy Warwick electronics cavity. I chose to install an EMG BTC Control, a stacked-know 2-band EQ, and added a Hipshot Bass Xtenderkey as well. I put the final Warwick touch on it by obtaining original Dunlop Straplocks and countersinking them. I made music with this axe for 2 years before selling it at a profit, which was then invested in the wenge-necked sunburst FNA that you see here. It also sports Dunlops, but the 2-way variety, and an Xtender as well, although not at the time of the photo. If your $499 deal doesn't include a gig bag, Warwick's Rockbags are pretty good and available from a number of online and catalog retailers $60-$100, depending on model and seller. Your 2-pickup model would benefit most from the EMG BTC kit, which will turn one of your 2 volume pots into a blend control to go with 2-band stacked-knob tone control, and or course, would also give you single-volume knob control as well. Prices: BTC control alone, c. $100; the kit c. $150. Again, shop around. I am fortunate enough to live near the Bass Place in Tempe, AZ and would give an endorsement here (www.thebassplace.com). Good luck. Let me know how it turns out.