Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Streamer Standard?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JetGlowSteve, Jul 16, 2001.

1. Has anyone tried the Warwick Streamer standards? They're the lower priced Warwicks with basic features and passive electronics.

2. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    <h1>STANDARD!??!?!</H1>[​IMG]

3. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    I've played them. I really haven't been impressed with them for what they cost. The body's aren't ergonomic, aren't well balanced, feel and sound just cheap, and have really cheap hardware, especially compared to normal Warwick stuff...even a Corvette! Tone was pretty weak for the price, along with just about everything else about it. I really think it feels like a big piece of uncarved/unshaped styrofoam. Bleh, there's better for the money.

4. I have one and I really like it. They sound good to my ears, and the quality is pretty good. However, I think thatt if you spend a few more bills you can get a better Warwick. The B is really tight, too, better than any other 34" five I've played.

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

For the price of a Streamer Standard, you can get a much better bass from a lot of companies.

Ibanez(BTB), MTD(Kingston, Heir), Peavey, Yamaha, Cort(Artisan, Groove Tools, Curbow), Spector(Korean series), , etc.

6. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I agree with Angus and Embellisher. I wasn't impressed AT ALL with the Streamer Standard. I personally couldn't find one thing that would have made me consider buying one. But of course, that is just my opinion.

There are TONS of better basses for the money that they want for one of them. Definitely shop around before you buy one, you will see what I mean.

Ryan

7. That's what I figured...that's why I spent my $700 today on another Ric...Burgandy Glo this time. I tried to go "modern" but its just not in my blood...stickin' to the Ricken' :) Besides...after I saw the Streamer up close I realized just how ugly the thing is!

8. STREAMERS ARE NOT UGLY!!!! Warwick does not make ugly basses.

9. streamers ugly? thats interesting. i mean i am not overly loving of the design but its the balance and ergodynamics of it that makes it beautiful. though i don't think the standards have all of the same features even on the body that other ones do. and if you thought a streamer was ugly then you'd have to say spector's are too since warwick copied/bought the design or some such thing. and then that'd be calling two top of the line brands ugly, interesting concept, but everyone has their cup of tea, i am not overly fond of rik's myself

10. I might sound like a hyppocryte, but I think Spectors are really ugly. The Streamers are much better proportioned than spectors.

11. i agree with angus 100%, i hate the way those things feel, and normally i'm a warwick fan.

12. agyeman

agyeman Member

Mar 6, 2001
    I'm currently geting some serious GAS for a Warwick Corvette Standard. And it is avalible lefty and in my price range. :)

Now to find a UK dealer.