Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick streamer standard

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AllodoX, Dec 1, 2001.

1. What's there to tell about this bass ?

i've seen one on sale for very little $$, but i have no idea what to expect in terms of tone, playability,reliability, etc..

all i know is that Warwick is a pretty good brand, and that the streamer std is a passive bass..

b.t.w. it's the 2-pickup type.

2. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    hi allodox. warwick are very popular and common here in italy. i played a couple of these. one is owned and played by a close friend of mine. i played a second one in a shop when testing a rig. the rig was a gallien krueger head in 4x10 ebs cabinets. these are good overall basses but i personale don't like them a lot. consider that i'm used to classic bass such as fender and rickenbacker. this warwick has a good tone for slapping but not the best for fingerstyle rock which is my main style. i played a 5 string and 4 string. the 5 string had a too narrower strings for me. i'm not so sure this bass is made in germany. the craftamnship is ordinary good. the famous warwick "the sound of wood" is more about high end basses. about buying it or not i'd say that your ibanez is a better bass than this warwick. if you really want it, check the price, if it's for cheap you can give the bass a try. hope this helps.

3. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    smooth bass i thought. Had that growl u expect from a warwick. The neck was WAAAy to slow for me though. All in all a good bass i thought. Too similiar to my spector though to be considered.

4. I gave it a spin just now.. it sucks..
    the price was nice ( about $ 450, used ), but the neck is awefull.. way too thin for me..

sound was pretty good for passive pickups, but the neck just spoiled it all.. :(

5. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    A friend of mine has a Warwick Streamer standard. For me.. I had to really adjust my amp to have this bass sound like I wanted it too... It sounded ok.. but the bass was really soft.... I had to crank up my amp... I think brand new these basses can be had for like $600 or something... I would suggest trying to put in a preamp in it if you could... Its not a bad bass.. but It wasn't for me.. for him it is good... so whatever floats you boat :)

6. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    after i get my moses graphite neck for my sterling, i won't have a fretless anymore, so i'm considering getting a streamer standard 5 string fretless with 2 pickups and putting a bart, aguilar, or maybe even a j-retro preamp in there. that should be a pretty decent bass. (unless i can score a cheapish LX, proM, or fortress)

and i've never heard someone call a warwick neck thin!

jason

7. Yeah really, I have a Streamer STD 4 and find the neck to be a tad thick actually. I have pretty small hands though.

8. my friends say that i have the body of a gorilla as a gorilla... 'nuf said :D ( hence the avatar ;) )

9. j.s.basuki

j.s.basuki Supporting Member

May 14, 2000
    asia/australia
    Is the worst of Warwick bass. Neck is made from any kind of wood. After some times you can feel the laminate joint of the neck . Sound terrible. I wasa mistakenly ordered a few of this type which I finally put them on sale at US 300 only. All the cheapo bass of Warwick are terrible. The high ends are quite good. By the way I used to be their distributor.