Warwick Streamer Standard

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bazzneb, Apr 3, 2002.

1. bazzneb

Oct 31, 2001
    Holland Den bosch
    I'm about to buy a Warwick Streamer Standard
    has anyone got some experience with a Warwick Streamer Standard?
    Or any comment.
  2. bazzneb

Oct 31, 2001
    Holland Den bosch
    picture of it...
  3. Ye gods.. not another person From 's-Hertogenbosch.. :D

( for non-Dutch people.. " Den Bosch " is slang for " 's-Hertogenbosch "... ;) )
  4. b.t.w. where are you going to buy it ? Wessing ? Klomp ? :)
  5. bazzneb

Oct 31, 2001
    Holland Den bosch
    bij klomp, ik vind dat wessing heel raar over komt naar zn klanten, en als je iets over basgitaren wilt vragen kun je t beste op woensdag gaan want dan is Chris er. De rest weet er (bijna ) niets over :((
  6. As a Warwick owner, I would say that I am in love with my Streamer LX-5. It's a dream, nearly my perfect bass. I was also the owner for a brief time of a Corvette Standard 5. I think that these are both good basses, though the Corvette was a little over priced.

Of course it is all down to you which feels better, but I personally having tried Streamer Stds. thought that there are much better basses on the market at the same price, you are truly paying for the name. The construction was good enough, but it had a single piece bridge, weak pickups, and a poor finish (i was suspect of the wood in the body). I have also heard stories of the things falling apart. I would either go for the Corvette or something else, MIM jazz bass deluxe? at a similar price

7. Je moet hier English lullen, dude.. anders gaan de Moderators angry worden.. ;)

Klomp is a good store yes.. i go there often too.. but in some things Wessing is cheaper.. and i know just about as much ( if not more ;) ) about basses as Chris anyway :) he's a good bassplayer tho..

drop me a mail sometime dude, we'll go grab a beer @ the Boulevard sometime :)
  8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I agree 100%. The Streamer Standard does not compare to the more expensive Warwicks, and isn't worth the price. There are a lot better basses for the price.

But you need to buy what you like, not what we like. It's your decision.
  9. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    I like mine... I got it(5 stringer, 2 pickups) for $575 new. It has a very deep sound, and you will have problems pulling highs out of it. The passive electronics give it a VERY weak signal. The string spacing is small. If you can deal with all this though, you might be a bit suprised. The B string fits very well, and is not floppy. Personally, I like the thickness of the neck, and can move around quickly on it. The body, made of Carolena, is nicely rounded and weighted. I find it to be a bit on the heavy side, but it gives it a tone I can't get out of anything else(except another Warwick). I suppose it is the sound I love it for, a tone that just suits me. Try it, it might grow on you. If nothing else, it is a decent instrument that can be bought for a decent price. I wouldn't pay more than 600 though... for that kind of money you can get a great used bass. Just had to defend my main instrument, I suppose.
  10. BillyBishop

Feb 7, 2001
    I love mine. (streamer standard 5, 2 pickup)

Everytime I pluck the low B or E, I am still blown away by the deep growly tone this think has. It is very quiet though. I think it's a great bass.