Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Streamer Std 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by XPshychoticXPyr, Aug 28, 2003.

1. So im looking to pick up one of these really badly...but i ahve to ask...

How good is it would you saytone wise...im not looking for god in a bass but ive been told this is a good decent bass...im looking to get a 5 string one of it...any input on the bass? Or anyone got one they wann sell to me?

-Vince

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I have played one of these and i must say, this model and the thumb are ddefninitely the basses i would buy if i had the money.

3. Ya tahts the general feedback ive heard from ppl...but i cant find one anywhere!!!

Keep it coming good and bad!

-Vince

4. Wow and i was just at ebay less than 10 min ago...must of just eben put on...ill keep watch at it...anyone else with one tell me plz!!!

-Vince

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Well it wasnt just put on bc it is a 10 day listing and has 8 days , 16 hours left. You musta just overlooked it. But in that case, if you do buy this, you owe me a cookie :)

6. Really? lol ive been looking in ebay for 2 days for one man i really am blind...well if price dosnt go crazy maybe ill get it dosnt wanna spend tooo much...what kinda cookie my friend?

-Vince

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    One shaped like any 5 string bass :)

8. Lol i see i see...well im a poor HS student i will bearly be able to aford this puppy if it stays low =p.

-Vince

9. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Ditto

10. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    why anyone would sell a corvette to get a streamer STD is beyond me.

the german STD's are decent for the price, seeing as how they have the same neck as all other bolt on warwicks of that time, but the body wood might as well be pine (last time i checked, carolena is a kind of pine), the pickups aren't as nice as even the 'dynamic correction' passive jazz pickups, uncontoured, slab body, light cheap bridge...meh.

11. Im not giving the Corvette up for any reason...im buying the Streamer with otehr money...im replacing the corvette with another that is a bit different is all =)...maybe not even...havent decided yet and none been intrested anyways... Either way ill have 2 warwicks a Streamer and a Corvette

-Vince

12. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    theres one for sale in are for sale forum..isn't there?

steve

13. I believe the one u mentioned is a 1 pup version...im looking for the double pup verson double humbucker...

-Vince

14. bump