1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick Streamer STD (not RockBass) German made

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fenderhutz, Jul 17, 2007.

1. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    What a good price to pay for a Warwick Streamer STD (not RockBass) German made 5 string. It has one MEC pickup (looks like a humbucker) and it is mahogany. Has two knobs. Any ranges?

G RICH 5 likes this.
  2. If it is in good condition, pay $500 max, then invest $150 in a BTC control by EMG to give it a stacked-pot 2-band EQ. You'll get a StingRay-like tonal spectrum. Really take care of it, and you can sell it at a profit when you tire of it, like I did with a 4-string of the same model.

3. fenderhutz

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Yeah, this guy wants too much for it then.

4. If you don't mind sharing, what's the asking price?

5. fenderhutz

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV

seemed high to me

6. my local gc has one used for 599 but i'm sure they would go down some, so 650 seems a little high

7. Of course, we are assuming that the bass is totally stock. If an active mod has been done on it, the price is perhaps justifiable. After all, it is a MIG Warwick.

8. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    The body on those was, at least it's supposed to be, carolena wood which is exceedingly soft. I had a 5 stringer, great bass. I'd love to have it back. Mine was Nirvana Black, had 2 pickups... just a sweet playing and sounding bass. Traded it because I didn't like the slap tone. Am I an idiot? Yup.

9. Muckaluck

Muckaluck

Oct 11, 2005
    Whitby, Ontario
    I just pulled the trigger on one for $450. I'll post pics when I get it.

G RICH 5 likes this.
  10. kdlunde

kdlunde Guest

Nov 8, 2006
  11. that kinda sounds like a Warwick FNA Jazzman..if you get it for that price,you would get a very sweet deal.

12. I paid about 750 for a 1-PU 4 stringer not in a very good condition. But WW's are generally more expensive in Russia. I love the tone. Rather dark, but it works for the band I play in - highs and mids are shared between two guitars when lows and low-mids are mine. Fingerstyle growls very nicely - rather smooth though defined low growl. I liked it better than the growl I've heard on Thumb vs. Corvette sound samples - lower than Thumb, more defined than Corvette. I believe the humbucking PU helps a lot here. Slap tone depends on how I play and set action, more punch than zing, though.

13. I just won this baby from an auction:

350€ plus shipping. Should arrive next week
    I wrote to Warwick asking for the serial number and they said it's an original streamer (pre-rockbass) made in Germany in February 2000
    I couldn't be happier! :hyper:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. I always liked the honey color on this model. The 2-pickup version can stand alone, although adding in one's own active circuit will broaden the possibilities. Fortunately, that's pretty easy, since the bass has the standard MIG electronics cavity with a lot of room. You're gonna be quite pleased with it, regardless.

15. I hope I will be pleased (since I considered this is my last buy in a long time):)
    What kind of mods would you recommend for this model? Active circuits, Preamp?
    Thank you

16. Riley R

Riley R

Feb 10, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    I have owned 3 of those basses, two 4 strings and a defretted 5er they are nice but the body wood Carolena (I think) is so darn soft, I couldn't get any highs to come out, but very warm tone. I got rid of 2 right away and kept one of the 4 bangers and modded it with a bartolini 3 band eq which helped with the highs, but still a very dark tone. I have a streamer stage II which destroyed the streamer std in tone and playability. I eventually sold the modded 4 for $450 on the bay because I was hurting for dough. but don't pay any more than 500 for it, because for a little more you could get a used corvette which is better IMHO, but hey whatever floats your boat