Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Streamer Std or Spector ns2000?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lakerkobe, Jul 1, 2002.

1. lakerkobe

lakerkobe

Jun 17, 2002
    Portland, OR
    German made Warwick Streamer Standard or Korean Spector ns2000 (not Q). Assuming same cost to acquire.... which do you choose?

2. well i was faced with that same decision in april and i went w/ the spector. because its manufactured in korea you get more band for your buck. also after playing both extensivly i feel i like the spector sound more than the sound of wood. the 2 basses may look similar but they have completly different sounds. the spector is more modern sounding, some people think its too sterile due to the emgs in it but i like that sound. and the warwick has the trademark warwick growl due i think to the type of wood on the neck. the spector also has better sustain probably due to the fact that its a neck thru. both are great basses but i would definatly try both out first to see what one suits your style best.

3. I'd say go for the warwick. I've got a Streamer Standard, and I like it a lot. It's not perfect, but it's a good bass. I really don't like the Spector sound (it's really thin and light, IMO) and the Warwick has a MUCH heavier sound (much better for most of my music). I haven't really messed around with Spectors much, so I can't speak as to their versitility, but the SS is surprisingly versitile for a passive bass.