Warwick streamer STD

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Whafrodamus, Oct 2, 2004.

1. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Ive heard of it. Basically just a bolt on version of the streamer i believe. I forget which pickup configuration i usually see with it.
  3. Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    yes they made those. If you look in your warwick owners manual. look at the pickup section thing and it talks about it. i believe they were discontinued... :( i wish i woulda got a reverend :crying: :bawl:
  4. I'm hopefully getting that one on ebay. You're menna keep it quiet Will!
  5. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Yes, they were made. No, they're not worth the money.
  6. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    And yet another :rollno: :D
    Nick, didnt we tell you to go practice instead of buying more and more basses :smug:

Back to topic:
    Such a model did exist... But AFAIK it was after the Schaller bridges were replaced with the two-piece Ws.... So I'm :confused: as to what that bridge is doing there.
    Maybe a custom order, but I'm not sure.
    The seller is an idiot, BTW.
    "Wooden body" :eyebrow: :rolleyes: Yeah, but what? It was maple on those, but I'm nut sure in this picture; and wenge or ovangkol neck?
  7. Frank Martin

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    It still is on the W page - under the "Not currently in production"

BUT this was called a Pro M, NOT a STD. The STD is the Rockbass Streamer STD, and that has a one-piece bridge and chrome hardware, too.
    HOWEVER, the inlaid W logo, wenge neck and bell brass frets are clearly not Rockbass. Also, the wood looks different to me - it has different grain. Some better pics are necessary to determine what exactly is it. And the jack is on the side...

a) Custom with wrong/replaced truss-rod cover
    b) Prototype wit wrong/replaced truss-rod cover
    c) Body replica with W 5er neck, MEC electronics in Pro-M cofiguration
  8. Frank Martin

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    I remember the guy from Muse using one in a clip and live; it had pretty good tone - cut trough like a maniac wit very-very growly tone - but it was also an old one, with wenge neck.
    If it has a wenge neck and good body woods, and is in good shape, then IMO its worth the money
  9. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    ya he plays one in the new born video a red one sexy out!

but one a serious note yup worth the money the only warwick i dont like are the ones with maple necks! not nice.....
  10. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I just don't think they are. I've tried a couple of them, and the sound was just airy and it just seemed like it wasnt there. The highs were nothing to go gaga over. I prefer the Rockbass Streamer to the Warwick Streamer standard.
  11. Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    A local music shop had this bass, I dug it, and was about to buy it before it was sold. It's a good bass, made in Germany, like the others, it's the cheapest of the Warwick line I believe (before Rockbass, which is probably why this model was discontinued).
  12. Chris Woolstenholme uses warwick? I thought he used Pedulla? O well, we all know warwicks rock! :p I still dunno whether to get that Streamer STD. They do exist, the Pro M is a twin Jazz pickups, and has a contoured body, the STD doesn't. The STD is made of Carolena, much like the rockbass, but it has a wenge(i think) neck rather than the rockbass's maple neck. If you have a warwick owners manual the Streamer STD is mentioned.
  13. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    I owned one, they have a carolena body, passive pickup and tone control, the single pup version had a coil tap activated by pulling the volume knob out. I sold it because it lacked versatility, it did one sound VERY well but did nothing else really. Rock, funk stuff was great but I found it didn't fit my needs. It might fit yours, I wish I had it back because i think it would have been cool with a pre in it, a non-MEC pre like an OBP-1. Give it a shot as long as it's under 400 bucks. Oh yeah, everything about it was standard Warwick fare except the bridge which was NOT. It was a big Fender type bridge which sucked, it was half the reason I sold it. It was a perfectly good bass, just limited in uses.
  14. I used to own a Streamer Standard 5 with two pickups, and I actually really liked it. It sounded good, even though the pups were pretty low output, and it was amazingly light (something like 7.6 pounds). I'd say go for it.
  15. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    I really liked the WARWICK(not rockbass) streamter standard. i played one for a few months. it was the dual pick up 5 sting. Great passive bass ( i dont prefer active) that still sounded like a warwick. If i were to pick bass back up, that would probably be the bass i sought out to buy.
  16. This one is the single pickup 5 string version. I thing I'll go and collect it, so then I can be sure it's real....he's spelt warwick wrong tiwce, suspicious! Unless the 'C' button on his keyboard is knackered.
  17. Predecessor to the Rockbass.
  18. Well I like my rockbass, I just hate that boring horrible logo and I aint too keen on the glossy neck either. I like the shape, I like the wood, but it needs a different neck.
  19. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España

the model you sugested comes with a Mec masterman p-up not the STD mec humbucker, the streamer standar existed my local guitar shop still has 2 of them, that one uses the sweet spot single humbucker and streamers STD did made the bridge transition after being disscontinued and like someone replied yes it is the rockbass predecessor
  20. ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    [​IMG] :) :smug: :meh: :confused: :( :scowl: :mad:

Anyway threadstarter it looks like it should sound mean with that bucker. Good luck whatever you do.