Warwick Streamer STD

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FunkSlap89, Jul 28, 2005.

1. FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    I recently played one at Guitar Center and I thought it was a very nice bass. It had the single humbucker (which was a bit high, but supposedly you can lower it). The sound was great, but the only other Warwicks I could reach was a Corvette and a Corvette Fretless (heavy as the devil). So I didn't get a good taste for the range of the warwick basses.

So my question is... Do you guys think the Streamer is a nice bass. I've been playing for about 4 years and have had the same Yamaha Beginner/Lower Intermediate bass. I'd say its time for an upgrade....

2. Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    The Streamer Pro M has been discontinued, so they can usually be had for great prices used. German Warwicks are the way to go over a RockBass since, well, in many cases a used German is about the same as a new RockBass.

I'm a Warwick fan myself. I was pretty much playing entry level instruments until I upgraded to a preowned Corvette from an esteemed TB member.

It sounds to me as if you like the bass and it "spoke" to you in some way. In looking at Warwick's site, I'm digging the specs on it. Flame maple body (which is heavy, but certainly not as heavy as the bubinga Corvettes), concave back (so comfy), and because of the maple I'll bet the tone is much smoother than the uber-growly Thumb.

I think it'd be a great bass, but that's just one man talking. If you do plan to go Warwick, definitely go used, since they can be had at killer prices, used.