Warwick Streamer -vs- Spector

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mr. Dead, Jul 23, 2000.

1. What do you prefer, the Spector NS or the most known Spector copy, the Warwick streamer and why?
  2. qbert00001

May 31, 2000
    well i guess it all depends on what you want. spector's are great, but when comparing it to the warwick it's a matter of what you want. the spector has that great rock tone, great construction; a great axe. but warwick has the wood going for them, since they use all types of exotic woods that will give you a warmer sound than a spector and the sound is unmistakably warwick. you'll get a good jazz tone from a warwick, and a good rock tone but not for all situations. and personally i find that the warwick's feel more solid than the spector, but that's just my opinion.

Breakin' the law! Breakin the law!
  3. As far as comparing the Warwick version of Ned Steinbergers Fabulous (and original!)Spector NS body, I first have to ask, does the Warwick have the ergonomically curved body true to the original? I have not seen a Warwick streamer in quite some time so I don't remember.

But in any case, If body shape is important to you and that shape is what one must have, then that feature would be important(to me anyway).

The one fact that I could not get past in my decision making process was the fact that all Warwicks only come in 34" scale. I was looking for a new five string, coming from 8 yrs playing a Carvin LB75 (5 string) which only has a 34" scale as well.

The Spector played great despite completely dead strings and after hearing how the low B played and sounded, there was no looking back. I Had to have it.

That was almost five monthes ago. I have no regrets. I am sure the Warwick Streamer is a great Bass, but if you want a 35" scale five string with a modern sound and that body shape.....

Spector is THE real deal.

4. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I've never played the Streamer. I am the proud owner of a Spector NS-4, though and will be the first kid on the block touting its wonderful feel and tone.

Warwicks do use other types of woods, though, and the MEC pickup system is more similar to Bartolinis than EMGs, so the sound WILL be much different. But, I like the brightness and sustain of the maple neck and body.
  5. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RIZ:
    I first have to ask, does the Warwick have the ergonomically curved body true to the original?

All of the Streamers that I've played and seen have flat backs, not carved like the Spectors.

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

The Streamer Standard, which is their entry level bass, is not carved..

The MUCHO more expensive Streamer Stage I and II have the carved body, look like blatant ripoffs of an NS2(except exotic woods) and are priced like an NS2..

For that amount of money, I would take the Spector.. Just my .02..

check out my basses on my gear page! http://www.fortunecity.com/meltingpot/robson/1174/music/gear.html

the fabric of reality is woven from the threads of our dreams...
    bill longshort

7. embellisher...

Real nice website! Even nicer Basses !!

Re your above post, I couldn't have said it better [​IMG]

Holdin' down the low end for our Lord, in Surf city U.S.A. !!!

[This message has been edited by RIZ (edited July 25, 2000).]
  8. snowtraveler65

Feb 8, 2011
    With the new USA Spectors, the only models with the carved backs are the bolt-on neck NS and Codas. The neck-through models do not have a carved back, just like the Warwick Streamers. I have a NS4 bolt-on. Sits very comfortably against the body.
  9. mmbongo

mmbongo Chicken Pot Pie. My three favorite things!!

I don't know what's more astonishing about this post...the revival of a 12 year old thread, or the complete misinformation that is given.

Codas do not have carved backs.
    Neck Through NS-4's DO have carved backs.
    Forte's DO have carved backs.
  10. husky123

husky123 Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2006
    Leesburg, VA
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    The ole "I'm gonna answer your question 12 years later" trick. Seen it once, seen it a thousand times. In this case though, the wrong answer indeed.