Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

warwick streamer-worth it?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by squierjazz29, Apr 6, 2002.

1. squierjazz29

squierjazz29 Guest

Apr 6, 2002
    canada
    i tried out a streamer with the eyes as fret markers-it was nice and played through ampeg head and stack-but other than gold everything is it worth 2800.00$?:oops:

2. ..must be the LX for that price.

A great sounding bass...but it sounds a tad expensive..

3. squierjazz29

squierjazz29 Guest

Apr 6, 2002
    canada
    it was a nice bass but i think u can have similar sound with others at a cheaper price. must be the mec gole pickups and name makin it so expensive. i however did not tune it down to see how it held up?

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

The LX isn't near that expensive. It would have to be one of the neck through Streamers, either the Stage I or Stage II.

And yes, if they have the sound that you are looking for, they are worth it. Very nice basses.

5. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    The model he is referring is the Streamer Stage II, the other Streamers dont have fretmarkers.

Also, the MEC´s dont make it expensive. Its the woods:
    The body is made of Afzelia , a heavy weight African Wood with an excellent tone.

In fact the MEC pickups arent good enought for a bass like that. It sounds better with basslines.

6. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    "eyes" for fretmarkers?

they're yin-yangs ;)

i play one, a 5 string Streamer Stage II. it is the closest to a perfect fit to me as i have ever found. and i picked mine up used for alot less than $2800. the feel, the sound, everything is perfect for me. huge bottom, very growly - cut through mids, very articulate and clear top end. mmmmm.

my only complaints are the noisy (for it's price range) electronics (which hopefully will be replaced with a bart or u-retro deluxe system soon) and that mine didn't come with the brass nut (getting a solid one made)

i dunno, for ME, i've never experienced a better bass. but of course YMMV.

[​IMG]