Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Streamers Tone???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by deathbloomslife, Sep 30, 2005.

1. So, how similar or different are the tones of the Warwick Streamer Stage I's and II's??? I'm really into the sound of Sam Rivers of Limp Bizkit, and he plays a Stage II to the best of my knowledge, and I'm able to obtain a Stage I for around $1500. If the tones don't differ too much, then I'm gonna go for it. Should I??

Thanks,
    ~Ryan

2. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Sam in fact plays a Stage I

3. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    I love the Streamer Stage I, one of my favourite production basses, that's a decent price too, go for it! Very versatile instrument.

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Stage 1 5's are more mid heavy, whereas the Stage 2's have a little more booty. I have a Stage 2 5, but I'm partial to the Stage 1.

5. my only dillemma is that I was really looking foward to a five string for my next bass, but this bass is only a four. Since I'm really into the music I am, I think I might have to pass on this one. =(

~Ryan

6. Definately wait if you want a 5. I took a look through their Warwick selection and the closest thing I could find are a couple of Used Thumb 5 Bolt-Ons they have for $1199 (one is wide spacing, one is regular). Might be something to think about if you're able to try a Thumb Bolt-On at a local GC or something and see how it is. Otherwise i'm sure you can find another Streamer 5 used in your price range if you keep your eye open.

John