1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

warwick streamers

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bloodshot sun, Jan 26, 2012.

1. bloodshot sun

bloodshot sun

Nov 21, 2011
    can somebody tell me about the main differences of a warwick streamer LS,Stage I and stage II? 5 strings ...

2. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Main differences are construction, woods used, and electronics.

LX is a bolt on, the SS1 and SS2's are neck through
    SS1 is maple and the SS2 is different. The website says Afzelia, but I thought they were made of something else not too long ago.

3. babebambi

babebambi

Jan 7, 2008
    YTZ
    SS2 has always been afzelia body; it used to be wengee neck-thru, now it's ovanko neck-thru.
    5 string SS1 is broad-neck, and has "soap-bar" pick-up.

4. TechJunky

TechJunky

Aug 31, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    Streamer LX:
    -Bolt on ovangkol neck
    -2 band eq (bass/treble)
    -Flamed maple body
    -PJ pickups on 4 string, 2 jazz pickups on 5 string
    -5-string has narrower neck (used to be able to get a broadneck version with soapbar pickups, but not sure if that's still an available option or not)
    -16.5mm spacing on 5-string I believe

Streamer Stage I:
    -Maple neck
    -Neck-thru design (visible)
    -Broadneck (wide neck) with 20mm string spacing on 5-string
    -Maple body
    -PJ pickups on 4-string, Soapbar pickups on 5-string
    -3 band eq (bass/mid/treble)

Streamer Stage II:
    -Ovangkol neck
    -Hidden neck-thru design (top of the neck at the body is covered by body wood, so you only see the neck through at the back)
    -Afzelia body
    -2 jazz pickups on 4 and 5 string
    -3 band eq (bass/mid/treble)

The Stage I and Stage II have thinner bodies than the LX. All three have contoured bodies (if viewed from the bridge side edge, the whole body is curved).

All three sound a bit different. To me, the Stage II is the most distinct due to the afzelia body, which has a very pronounced midrange. I'm not the best at describing tone though, so I'll leave it to someone else, but highly suggest checking out youtube for clips. There are several videos which compare the Stage I and Stage II, and then you can just find another video on the LX to compare yourself. I've owned an LX and currently own a Stage II, and I love(d) them both. The Stage II will never leave my arsenal, that much is for sure.

5. bloodshot sun

bloodshot sun

Nov 21, 2011
    i too think the stage II is a bit better than the LX but it's also a bit more expensive and i can barely afford the LX ...SSII 3band eq and body i like but I haven't even played a neck-thru donno the feel i guess i could get used to it it won't be that much different

6. bloodshot sun

bloodshot sun

Nov 21, 2011
    also the LX has a tobacco finish color i just love and the SSII natural oil finish is kinda dull....I'm getting a 5 string btw