1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick strings?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by bassman1185, May 1, 2001.

1. What are Warwick strings like? Also, what other kinds of strings accentuate the "Warwick Growl?"

2. I have used Red Label and Black Label. I found the Red label strings to sound really nice but totally tore up my fingures. They are very rough in my expirence. The Black Labels were better for me. I played them exclusively on my Warwick Thumb 5 because they had the nice taper on the B string which made them work well in the Warwick bridge. It is my opinion that DRs sound and feel better, but will they fit in the Warwick bridge? I never tried. I have only had them on my 4 strings.

3. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Had Red Label before. Darn cheap, too bad they didn't do too well quality-wise... You get what you pay for.

Well, I didn't really care much for their sound anyway. They had a really delicate and polished tone, but it was kind of tinny and hollow (just like the tone on their basses?)... returned to D'Addario and got back the warmth I had been missing.

IMHO, YMMV, etc, etc.