1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick Strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Setebos, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Did anyone ever use Warwick Strings? Are these good?
    I wonder cause they go 40% of the price of Fender Strings over here and about 60% of the price of DR strings.
    The stores consider them at the lower quality end for imported strings.

2. Jon Moody

Jon Moody Commercial User

Sep 9, 2007
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Manager of Brand Identity & Development, GHS Strings, Innovation Double Bass Strings, Rocktron
    What specific kind are they (red, yellow or black label)? I've used the reds and blacks before many times, and they're good. Nothing I'd particularly write home about, but they are nice.

3. KsPiNeSh

KsPiNeSh

Mar 28, 2008
    Kansas City
    I used the black labels for a long while. They are a little rougher on the fingers, but nice sounding strings once the "zing" wears off. Even, good bottom... I don't thing you'd be disappointed.

4. Hi Guys,

Thanks for your input.
    The one I saw come in a yellow package.

At the moment I ordered from Musician Friend a few sets of Elixir nanowebs as I prefer those over roundwound strings I being the Warwick ones relatibly cheap over here they could save my life at some point in an emergency.

I tried Fender's before and Dadarios and I'm really not interested in paying 2 or 3 times the price to get them.

I guess the best thing will be to get a set of Warwicks and give them a try.

Cheers.

5. if you like elixirs I personally think you'd hate warwick strings. I'm a hardcore elixir fanboy and I think the warwick strings are the worst I've tried, all the one's I've played had no top or bottom, they were ALL mids.