Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick strings?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by 6-stringer, Sep 6, 2000.

1. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    Roanoke,VA
    I have always used D'adario(sp?) XLs', and i'm a little reluctant to switch. Any one have anything to say about warwicks? Worth the $?

2. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    I've almost played warwick strings exclusively...I like 'em a lot...if you're into steel strings, warwick black labels are the way to go. they're bright and they last a pretty good while. I'm more into nickel strings, so I've been playing with the yellow label strings for a couple years now...as far as the price, they seem to be about as much as any other string...if you want cheaper strings, warwick now has red label strings, which are steels, but don't cost as much...prolly kinda like the darco strings that martin makes...never played them though...thinkin' about trying out some slowounds...i dig those cute silk wrappings...

3. extreme

extreme

Mar 20, 2000
    I really like Warwick strings! They have a very even response and ya gotta like the look of the wire-wrapping approaching the tuning pegs. Definitely try a set if you can; my biggest problem seems to be finding 'em!

4. I agree with extreme. I like them a lot too. I aspecially like the little taper on the "b" string at the bridge. It makes it fit nicely in most bridges.