Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WARWICK SUBWOOFER

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by YOYO, Sep 4, 2002.

1. YOYO

YOYO

Apr 4, 2002
    FRANCE-PARIS
    I WOULD LIKE TO INFORMATIONS ON THE WARWICK AW XV SUB III POWERED SUBWOOFER. THANKS

2. Matthias

Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    IN CASE YOU DON'T KNOW: TYPING ALL CAPS MEANS YOU ARE SHOUTING!
    This is considered rude behaviour...

The powered sub is primarily intended as a 'low end extension' for combos (or smaller rigs) which can not drive any additional cab - e.g. 210 combos without 'ext. speaker out'.
    As it is self-powered, you hook it up to the preamp output (or line-out or FX-send) of your amp and not to the speaker output.
    It has no volume control but a 2-position switch (0db/-3dB) but this is said to be sufficient.
    For further info see http://www.warwickbass.com/amps/amps05.htm

Matthias

3. YOYO

YOYO

Apr 4, 2002
    FRANCE-PARIS
    First : Sorry but i'm French. ;)

Another question : Do you think it will add somethink if it works with ampeg bse410 hlf cab and ampeg B5R amp
    And thanks for the informations.

4. Matthias

Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    Sorry, I can't give a definite answer here because I have never heard this cab. In a review it was reported that it adds a lot of solid bottom but not much loudness. So I guess it depends on what you are looking for.

But here is a thought:
    Low frequencies eat up a lot of amp power, that's a fact. If you add the subwoofer to your rig you will probably be able to roll off the bass on your Ampeg, this will leave you more power for midrange and treble which is good for higher perceived volume.

I don't know how the subwoofer matches with your rig though, so I would definitely try this setup before buying the sub!

Matthias