Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick technical question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rabs, Oct 19, 2005.

1. rabs

rabs

Dec 11, 2002
    UK
    I own a streamer stage II and I have a question regarding the nut. The end of the neck doesn't jam up against the nut edge therefore there is a slight gap between the end of the neck and nut......now cosmetically it isn't a problem but would it cause any intonation problems? I also own a Streamer standard which doesn't have the same visible gap.

2. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    That's a very interesting question. What year is your Stage II? Is it a 4 or fiver? I'll look at mine when I get home and look at mine. It it the brass nut, or the graphite one?

3. rabs

rabs

Dec 11, 2002
    UK
    Its a stage II 4 stringer with the graphite nut, I mean as far as I can tell there is no problem but it is something that has always been in the back of my mind. I think the year is 2002

4. rabs

rabs

Dec 11, 2002
    UK
    any opinions?

5. AmPb100

AmPb100

Apr 25, 2005
    Berklee/Boston
    Email the teck on the warwick site. When I ordered my Thumb WN a few years ago he was very communicative.

Just me but sell the Streamer and by an old one with the Brass nut. I had mine custom ordered with the brass nut. Warwick's custom shop is good, but the CG on general manufacturing doesn't seem to be as great as it used to. Maybe it's just me.