Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

[Warwick] Thread for Warwick Players

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by whitehouse, Aug 5, 2002.

1. this thread is especially for the Warwick F.N.A. (Jazz)5 string players ..

what amp do you play on ??

well, other warwickers can post also :D

let me begin...

I play a Warwicck Sweet 15 ...

well guys .. comon .. don't be shy ,
    you cannot do worse then me :p

2. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    I think you should post this in the Bass Guitar forum, not in Double Bass...

3. oeps .. yes ... I see .. ehm.. can someone please move me ? :p

4. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    you could delete the thread having copied the contents and repost it. Those DB'ers do get a bit frisky and you do have a username that can be twisted

Trace Elliot V4-Hartke TP cab for my Thumb fretless 4

5. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    CRACKERSHACK,

You got off pretty easy... I guess the moat monsters must have been fed recently. It's all good. At least you didn't post this in ROSIN.

Off to BG.

6. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    I use SWR stuff.

SWR Interstellar Overdrive (run clean)
    Carvin DCM1000 for power
    SWR Goliath Senior

7. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Warwick Streamer LX 6 String w/Basslines
    Carvin RL1018 Stack

:)
    Records great!

8. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Corvette Standard run through an SWR Super Redhead

9. 36bass

36bass

Aug 4, 2002
    Portland, Maine
    I currently use Hartke 3500 w/ 2- 4.5XL Hartke cabs. I've owned SWR and EBS and they all sound great w/ Warwick bases.

10. While no amp sounds all that bad with a Warwick played through it, I will confess my preferences for West Coast-area-made gear.

For the church & coffeehouse gigs: SWR WM10 w/ or w/out it's matched extention cab as the need requires.

For rock trio rehearsals & gigs its Genz Benz GBE250C powering a GB212XBT cab. This hangs with a Marshall half stack just fine, but my lead player is getting restless again.

I just bought an Ampeg B5R head in perfect shape for $250 (see "I oughta be arrested" in Amps) and now have GAS for one of their 4ohm 4x10 HLF cabs to really shake things up....but I'd trade the whole Genz & Ampeg lot to get a nice SWR halfstack.

11. EBS Gorm ET-350 and FNA Jazzman 5.
    Add some EBS Multidrive and Line6 DL4 from time to time and that's it.
    But, surprising myself, the bass I currently play 80% of the time is my Yamaha RBX 260 fretless.
    I begin to love that kind of "upright" sound ...
    Am I mad?

12. Chris_AtariDoll

Chris_AtariDoll

Dec 8, 2001
    UK
    Custom Thumb T.N. 4 ,thru a Warwick Pro Fet 4 head and Warwick 2x10 and 1x15 cabs.

13. Skavenger

Skavenger

May 26, 2002
    Sweden
    I play a beautiful Corvette 5-str. thru a veeeery old amp. Yes, it sounds good anyway

[​IMG]

14. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    SWR (for now).

15. SWR Workingman's 4004, Eden cabs (210 and 115) loaded w/Carvin speakers.

My basses are: Fortress One 5 (w/maple neck - I consistently get compliments on my tone when I play this bass); Streamer LX-5 (GREAT low end), and a Corvette 5 fretless.

16. stringtheory6

stringtheory6

Nov 20, 2008
    Buena Park
    How can one tell if the cavity electronics are MEC or Basslines.

17. B.C.

B.C. Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Indiana
    Generally, all FNA Jazzmans are Basslines.

I use a GK head with Avatar cabs. O yes, here are some pics :)
    [​IMG]

18. Blankandson

Blankandson Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Gallatin, Tennessee
    2008 Corvette $$ 5-string and 1994 Fortress One 5-string, both with Warwick EMP rounds. Use a Gallien-Krueger MB500 fusion head with one GK 212 II Neo cab, pushing up to 350 watts. Probably use only 150-200 watts. The Fortress has two J MEC pups so it can really copy a Jazz bass pretty good. In a Warwick way of course. The $$ has the two MEC humbuckers with switches so I get amazing tones, moving from one to another very quickly. Currently using bridge pup on middle switch (single coil) and the neck pup on lower setting (series), then just rotate the balance back and forth. Treble on 100% and Bass on zero %. When switching to passive I get thunder bass. I don't change any of the above settings on the bass or amp, just going from active to passive goes from clean highs and untra clean lows over to thunderous bass and low mids. Think loud Raggae. So how did a 14 year old post suddenly land here?

19. T-Funk

T-Funk

Jul 2, 2005
    USA
    On most occasions, my Warwick Streamer Jazzman LX 5 and Warwick Corvette ProLine 5 are used with a Carvin B1000 head and two Carvin BRX10.2 cabinets.