Warwick thumb 4 bolt on

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nunk6, Jan 23, 2001.

1. nunk6

Jul 29, 2000
    hey any one know of artists whose bassist use these basses(or 5 string) and maybe a recording that the "signature growl" can be heard on?
  2. Dirty Road Cola

Dirty Road Cola Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    The Guy from the Dave Matthew's Band uses 'em. Think his name is Dan Lassard or something like that? Some funk players whose names escape me play em, too. Sorry I couldn't get any others except for that one :/

It seems most recorded bands use Streamer's stage I's or Streamer STage II. But that might be a blanket generalization..oh well.
  3. nunk6

Jul 29, 2000
    NO way!
    thats a treasure because my favorite bass tone ever is the dave matthews bands bassist
    thank you cola
  4. virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    I have video footage here where he spends an hour playing a Modulus 5 while the Thumb sits on a stand.Dumb move IMO
  5. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    yeah, stefan lessard was playing a modulus 5 in the listener supported video. he played his warwick dolphin as well, which is the bass he has used for every recording up to through these crowded streets which he recorded using a thumb 6 six string...
  6. minkis

Sep 8, 2000
    Yeah, now all he uses is the modulus's. The Warwicks have been retired. He plays two 5-stringers and a couple of flea basses.